Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @tonyn

Tony!

if you remember i bought some 4.3 diffs from one of your breakers a while ago!!

I have a question if i may??

Iam thinking of doing a lift and may be putting some 33" mt's on her..
    Am i right in thinking that i would loose a lot of power keeping 4.3's??
    So to go back to 4.8's would be the way to go?

Now would it be poss to just change the crown wheels off my old 4.8's and put them on the diffs that are on..would this change the ratio or is there more to it than that?? would the internal gearing need altering??

cheers m8..
    CHEERS JOHN................

Its ironic huh?

I'd leave it for now, see how it performs with the 33's. then alter it if needs be.

If you still have you old diffs built up, but them back in complete, taking the gears out means it'll all need setting up again as you'd need to change the pinion and crown gear together.

You could slap the back one in without to much hassle, then see how it performs before swapping the front which is more hassle. If it no different put the new diff back in and live with it. (or buy a set of 4:10's )
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

yeah still got the old diffs but the rear one is an lsd and i think it has a clutch problem so would need repairing before use.. thats why i thought if i could just change the crown wheel and everything would be ok then i would of done that rather than get an exspensive repair don on theold diff..
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

A worn LSD is just the same as a open diff, unless you want the LSD, putting it back is just the same as the diff you have in ATM.

As soom as you disturb the bearing caps and pinion shaft to do anything to a diff, it needs setting up again. lots of dial guage and marking out fluid action.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X