Help -advice Needed,poor Old Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help -advice Needed,poor Old Engine

Hi Guys,,its Happened ,,went Out In My 2.4td Surf Yesterday After 60 Miles It Over Heated So I Pulled Over ,,let It Cool Off For A While But As Soon As I Drove Off Gauge Flew Up Again Before I Had Time To Pull Up I Had A Load Of Grey Smoke And A Smell Of Rotten Eggs,(the Surf Has Just Had A Service ),i Am In Essex (stanford Le Hope ) Any Idea Of Best Place To Take It For Repair ,will It Only Be Head Gasket Or Will It Be Head Ect Ect ,,will It Be Worth Doing Or Am I Better Off Putting It On Ebay Spares Or Repair ,,if So What Would It Fetch ,,mick 07949099585

Originally posted by flojoe
    Hi Guys,,its Happened ,,went Out In My 2.4td Surf Yesterday After 60 Miles It Over Heated So I Pulled Over ,,let It Cool Off For A While But As Soon As I Drove Off Gauge Flew Up Again Before I Had Time To Pull Up I Had A Load Of Grey Smoke And A Smell Of Rotten Eggs,(the Surf Has Just Had A Service ),i Am In Essex (stanford Le Hope ) Any Idea Of Best Place To Take It For Repair ,will It Only Be Head Gasket Or Will It Be Head Ect Ect ,,will It Be Worth Doing Or Am I Better Off Putting It On Ebay Spares Or Repair ,,if So What Would It Fetch ,,mick 07949099585
    the head may well be gone now if its been in the red for while...
    but it may have been the rad that leaked to cause it!!!
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

It is worth repairing, once fitted with the new head it will go on for years

Contact TonyN or Linda, and they will happily fix it for you.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

re my surf

cheers mate who are tony or linda ,,any contact details

Comment

cheers mate who are tony or linda ,,any contact details
          www.4x4toys.co.uk

Or just PM Linda through the forum.

Comment

I have sent Linda and Tony a PM, and, wait for it, Tony's mailbox had room !!!!!!!!!!

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hi spend that bit more on it and you should have no more worries and l would go to "TonyN" if he is handy to you.
              Live Life To The Full

Comment

re surf

i know with the work done it would be a great car again but at the moment i am realy pi""ed off as i seem to be getting kicked from all angles so i have put it on ebay for £1000 tried to put it on here for sale but it dont seem to be working for me ,here is a few pic,s

Comment

Working...
                X