tomtom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomtom

bought a tt one yesterday want to put it onto a 1 gig card so i can download more stuff on to it ,loaded it on comp through card reader then tried to write it to 1 gig card tomtom not accepting it though ,
    any ideas to get around this ???
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

I'd help if i could Dave but i dont have a bl00dy clue what your talkin about I could ask No1 son but he wont be back till tomorrow morn then we're straight off for the dog. ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

did you try and load anything extra on the card before trying it????
      if so try loading it with the old stuff on first and then upgrade after that!!
      if you have the lead for the tom try it direct to the tt, the file arrangment as to be spot on or it will not load correct.

failing that it might not like the new card you bought!
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

good luck with your dog ian ,when im around my mates will pop around and have a look at him

Comment

Originally posted by slim
          did you try and load anything extra on the card before trying it????
          if so try loading it with the old stuff on first and then upgrade after that!!
          if you have the lead for the tom try it direct to the tt, the file arrangment as to be spot on or it will not load correct.

failing that it might not like the new card you bought!
          cheers slim will try that
          have'nt loaded anything on to it yet
          Last edited by joker??; 2 September 2006, 18:20.

Comment

I did the same with my Tom Tom Classic last year - it's a bit of a palava !

There's loads of stuff on here http://www.expansys.com/forum.asp?code=TOMTOMGO to help you though

Good Luck !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

I did the same with my Tom Tom Classic last year - it's a bit of a palava !

There's loads of stuff on here http://www.expansys.com/forum.asp?code=TOMTOMGO to help you though

Good Luck !

cheers bob found something on there ,well at least my tt one recognises the maps cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                I'd help if i could Dave but i dont have a bl00dy clue what your talkin about I could ask No1 son but he wont be back till tomorrow morn then we're straight off for the dog. ian
                Thought u's talking bout Drums Joker !!!! till I looked at yer helpful link & I'm non the wiser now ........
                In future I'll stick wiv me Map thanks !!!!!
                Jesse
                There's Always a Payback.... You just can't see it !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Yeah, at least with a map you've got something to cushion the impact on the steerin wheel when drivin'.

Comment

how much you get yer Tom tom for m8??

stu
                    http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

£199 at pc world , think ther gonnabring out new model soon

Comment

I had a similar problem trying to load tom tom5 onto my navman. PC kept saying 1gig card not formatted correctly and then pc would try to format then stop saying unable to format. eventually inserted blank card into navman and formatted on that instead. problem solved. Put now formatted card back into pc loaded tom tom5 and then loaded into navman and ran ok.
                        There is something about all 1 gig cards that can be a problem - even my camera Canon 350d will only accept certain makes of 1 gig cards - but any card of a smaller size is ok.
                        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

The solution is simple

download tomtom home from there website, from the package you create a backup and from this backup you can get it onto the 1 gig card plus you can now get version 6 firmware for the one free using the same route and asking it to get updates.
                          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

cheers mark thats what i have done

Comment

Working...
                            X