Dashboard Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard Noise

After rumbling over countless Cattle grids last weekend I get a rattle from (1) The drinks thingy (that sounds like a minigun rattle) (2) something that sounds almost arm or spring bouncing behind the centre console. Is there a simple /easy way of getting behind all the plastic (without the aid of percussive equipment..big hammer) I'm very wary of the airbag stuff an all that !
    Death rides a Black Horse

I removed the plastic trim from the centre console on my 3rd Generation a couple of months ago. You have to be quite forceful & it does look like it could break, so still be careful. It is held on by spring clips & when I put it back together I was getting a rattle because a couple of the spring clips had not re-located back properly. The spring clips are very strong & you have to make sure that they are seated properly in there locating holes then give the plastic trim a short hard hit with the palm of your hand & then they clip back in. Maybe a couple of your clips have come out? I would not recommend using tools to remove the trim, just your hands.

Comment

The panel under the steering column comes off easy enough, as does most of the dash, if you worried about the airbags DON'T TOUCH THE YELLOW CONDUIT and anything connected to it behind the dash! Thats what works the airbags.

If you really want to mess with the airbags, disconnect the battery and WAIT 90 seconds before doing any work, as the SRS system has a battery back up.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for that Guys ! I am in for a service tomorrow ,might just try and convince Charlie that he should look it over before I d any irreperable damage !
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
        X