Off to Donna Nook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to Donna Nook

Yes, you know the place! RAF Donna Nook somewhere near Mablethorpe on Sunday for a few days.

I'll be in my own motor, so give me a wave if you see me.

Mine is the one painted in that most fashionable of colours, invisible blue.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    Yes, you know the place! RAF Donna Nook somewhere near Mablethorpe on Sunday for a few days.

my mother use to like going there when she lived just down the road at chapel st leonards. the tornados use to visit often.
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Last time I was up there, there was couple of F3s straffing the beach before our Helos landed. Quite impressive. Made the seals run like hell though!

Comment

When am I coming up to fit them springs/kit then?

Comment

Gonna order them when I get back Vince. Gonna bring the missus? Vicki says she'll give her a tour of the boots

Comment

Yep, we'll leave the dogs at home though! Might have a drive around the area after, looking for properties to 'do up'

Comment

Last time I was up there, there was couple of F3s straffing the beach before our Helos landed. Quite impressive. Made the seals run like hell though!
              do the targets on the beach give off live target signals? or are they just as they look orange hi vis static type?
              CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

The gunnery targets are just dumb 'beachballs' as far as I know. Dont really get involved with those guys though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Yep, we'll leave the dogs at home though! Might have a drive around the area after, looking for properties to 'do up'
                  If you find anything, let us know! With a small one bed flat costing £130k upwards these days, there aren't many do-er-uppers around. Tis nice here though.

Comment

Donna isn't as active as in the 80's but still gets exotic stuff like occasional F15s from lakenheath, Sea Harriers (as was) Holbeach even gets B2 Spirit treatment albeit two passes and two single bomb drops but if the sun is shining what the hell ?The Nook only has static panel stuff now but still can get action shots with a 300mm lens but if the Apaches are on the move then I don't think the targets will last very long! My old mates will certainly be busy repairing that bit
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

I went up there about three years ago while on holiday on my own. I took the 3M kite on the flats and a borrowed mountain board. There was acres of room to practice. I only read the notices that said no land yachts, no kite buggies etc on the way out - whoops!
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                      X