X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two things

Firstly does this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILX-SU...QQcmdZViewItem

appear on ebay about once every 3 months or have I gone a bit funny in the head and dreamt that up?

Secondly, I just got back from New Zealand and it seemed like about 1 in 10 cars was a Surf. Lots of 1st, 2nd and 3rd gens. I even saw what I presumed was a 4th gen. Ugly b@stard that was. Given that 1st gens look the best (fact) and 4th gens look the worst (also a fact), is Toyota on a downward design spiral? Just compare an original Celica with what they flog now.....

I had a RAV4. It wasn't too bad actually considering what I had to drive it through and how bad I am at driving. I'm just glad I wasn't on the coach...
    Last edited by Sancho; 30 August 2006, 22:43.

Hi Sancho,

I swear to God, if you look closely, you can see some hobbits on the second coach!

Gandalf is driving
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
      Firstly does this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILX-SU...QQcmdZViewItem

appear on ebay about once every 3 months or have I gone a bit funny in the head and dreamt that up?

Secondly, I just got back from New Zealand and it seemed like about 1 in 10 cars was a Surf. Lots of 1st, 2nd and 3rd gens. I even saw what I presumed was a 4th gen. Ugly b@stard that was. Given that 1st gens look the best (fact) and 4th gens look the worst (also a fact), is Toyota on a downward design spiral? Just compare an original Celica with what they flog now.....

I had a RAV4. It wasn't too bad actually considering what I had to drive it through and how bad I am at driving. I'm just glad I wasn't on the coach...
      The first 400 of the last of the GT4 Celicas was the nicest looking. The ones with the WRC spoiler and the bonnet like a colander. I'd still have one of them in preference to a Scooby, on looks alone.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        The first 400 of the last of the GT4 Celicas was the nicest looking. The ones with the WRC spoiler and the bonnet like a colander. I'd still have one of them in preference to a Scooby, on looks alone.
        I was thinking more along these lines.

Comment

Ooh, I love them!

Comment

downward spiral

QUOTE: Given that 1st gens look the best (fact) and 4th gens look the worst (also a fact), is Toyota on a downward design spiral?

You are my best friend for saying that! Just look at the hideous hippo-nosed hilux vigo`s. Ugly is a kind thing to say about them. Please Toyota, bring out a retro-1st gen like BMW did with the Mini and you will sell sell sell.