Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ems & Jim Surf, l@@k?

Hi all,

I have just noticed the photo of Ems & jim's surf (sorry to use you guys but you may beable to help me with a problem and I hope I don't offend)

Your surf appears to be on the lean from side to side (I know this may be ground level but it looks fairly flat to me), mine looks the same as this (93 2nd gen). I just noticed yours and I have been worrying about this for a while and just wondered if anyone can shed some light on this

Thanks

James

Originally posted by Jameswood345
    Hi all,

I have just noticed the photo of Ems & jim's surf (sorry to use you guys but you may beable to help me with a problem and I hope I don't offend)

Your surf appears to be on the lean from side to side (I know this may be ground level but it looks fairly flat to me), mine looks the same as this (93 2nd gen). I just noticed yours and I have been worrying about this for a while and just wondered if anyone can shed some light on this

Thanks

James
    Ems & jim's surf looks ok to me, it is parked with two wheels on the verge, yours may have had a new spring fitted to one side only which will make it as you describe, or one could be weak, fitting new springs will solve the problem
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      Ems & jim's surf looks ok to me, it is parked with two wheels on the verge, yours may have had a new spring fitted to one side only which will make it as you describe, or one could be weak, fitting new springs will solve the problem

That is correct it was parked half on the road and half on the grass - no offence taken
      [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Ems and Jim
        That is correct it was parked half on the road and half on the grass - no offence taken
        its just clicked he meant the one in you're signature
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

ah haaaaa!!!!!! - it's late i'm tired - doh!!

that was taken up devils pit on a slope, gonna have to check tomorrow now just to make sure it's not wonky, i don't think it is though.
          [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Ems and Jim
            ah haaaaa!!!!!! - it's late i'm tired - doh!!

that was taken up devils pit on a slope, gonna have to check tomorrow now just to make sure it's not wonky, i don't think it is though.

Aint no flat ground at the pit
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Hi, I did mean the photo in your profile!!

I have seen a couple of parked surfs this morning and they all seem to have this slight lean.

Strange one I know.

James

Comment

Originally posted by Jameswood345
                Hi, I did mean the photo in your profile!!

I have seen a couple of parked surfs this morning and they all seem to have this slight lean.

Strange one I know.

James
                James

I know what you mean - I've noticed it on mine... mostly when I have a full load of diesel!!
                Its actually hardly noticeable since I had new rear springs fitted though..... so I just assume it was a combination of full tank of diesel on the drivers side and weak springs... Does yours have a saggy arse?? (again no offence meant) may indicate that the springs are weak on yours too...
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Pi***d Photo

To satisfy you lot I took that picture so dont take the p*ss. As it happens I have one leg longer than the other (1.25") to be precise. Compounded by the undulation of the ground it looks bad (so there).

Rant over

Hurting lots Geoff .
                  Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Funny you say that linda as it was in the petrol station yesterday (£49 ouch) that I noticed it again and made me think.

Rear springs are slightly saggy but only about 1/2inch tops.

I suppose it must be springs but it is just weird so many surfs look the same as mine.

Geoff the things most blokes would do for an extra inch.......

Comment

Mine leans to one side or the other depending on which ay I was turning when I parked. If I park straight without having to turn into a parking space then it sits square. Think the suspension doesn't always return 100% when it is put under compression.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X