yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Usual Surf dealer behaviour or is this dodgy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dog_Book
    Sorry havent read your whole post yet, but since i live near the dealer any surf you want let me look at it first see mine in members rigs

i am no expert but have done motorbike racing and i am a mechanical engineer by trade......

pm me your number

Hi Ya Dog,

Listen M8 thanks for the great offer, I really appreciate it and how nice of you too

After reading the posts of the good members of this forum I am defo walking away from this dealer - it just does not feel right to me.

I loved the idea that someone suggested in this thread to go to Southamption and bid at Auction - I am probibly going to go down that route but thanks again for the great offer.

Cheers,

Kenny

Comment

Thank you Everyone for your replys

Hi Gang,

Thank you all so much for your replys, I appreciate them so much.

What a great forum this is and what great people you gang are.

Cheers,

Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Converting the dials is only mandatory on vehicles below a certain age though,
        is it not?

I believe you only need SVA cars that are under 10 years old
        Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
          I believe you only need SVA cars that are under 10 years old
          Hi,

You are correct.

SVA for under 10 years old, ESVA for 4x4's under 10 years old (I think).

http://www.dvla.gov.UK/ for loads of info.
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

hi kenny.. i bought mine from chequerd flag 8 week ago 1994 3.0 ltr diesel ssrx in burgandy 96000 kms 12 months mot 3 months unlimited warranty. its clean and mint inside outside and underneath iam well happy with it. i bought a 2.5 pajero 10 months ago from him i then upgraded the caravan and it struggled with it on the back so i traded it in for the surf and wish i had bought the surf first off.. hope you get sorted..regards
            graham

Comment

Originally posted by trevdowle
              Anyone tried this? It seems you get 4 days to get the paperwork in order, and are then charged £10 per day storage. 4 days doesn't seem very long, especially as you need to get insurance etc, before you can even start the registration process. How do you get an unregistered vehicle insured anyway?

Having said that, there's a very good stock list, and no doubt some substantial savings to be made...........
              you can get the truck insured by the chassi number if they ar a good firm also from what i can see the original dealer was corect in saying what he did `very easy to be sceptical these days try being on the otherside of the fence for a change you make one mistake in any shape or form and every bugger with a opinion decides your trying to con them in some way and yes it is perfectly legal to drive to test stations for sva test and mot`s unregisterd the only thing i would be sceptical about would be the bit about the auction report from japan you can get most japanese auction reports for most cars over the net in my humble opinion this fact makes them usles unles they come with a certificate from japanes export fedoration then you can trace it from the day it got sold in japan evene then ther is a lot more to it``

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                Hello,

I've been looking into this for months. The next Surf I buy will be from Southampton docks. There are a few others as well - Liverpool and Tilbury.

You'd be surprised at how much info you can get out of these people as long as you don't phone on a Monday (auction day).

The way I look at it - you're saving £3000 from dealer price. Even allowing for some massive failure, you're still quids in. No more risky than personal sale in the UK. You get a lower milage truck for high milage UK price.

A mate has a transporter, so I'll be paying cash and shipping the same day. Registration in my own time. The SVA only costs about £150 and involves rear fog light and stick on dials.

Where they are cute in the auction - you have to pay £400 cash to get in - which they give back (cheque) if you don't buy, and knock it off your car if you do buy. Ah the motor trade, don't you love 'em!
                sva £150???? £3000 from dealer prices????only involves fog light and stick on dial ???? if only just a bit of this stament was true sorry mate but ther is a hell of a lot more to sva work than this also you forgot about modell reports ect, i do my own and it stil costs me around £350 , no more risky than personal sale ??? you got to be kidding plese dont take this the wrong way but you havant a clue

Comment

Originally posted by mrsurf
                  no more risky than personal sale ??? you got to be kidding plese dont take this the wrong way but you havant a clue
                  Hello, Mrs. Urf,

I admit that I might have been a little economical with the truth when discussing the SVA - I was merely making a point. I have researched this in detail, to the point where I have observed trucks going through the HGV test centre in Llantrisant.

A personal motor sale in this country is almost without any guarantee whatsoever. It is one of the riskiest ways of purchasing. Caveat emptor is the rule.

Why am I not surprised that a motor dealer should come onto this site tell the world I 'havant a clue'. You know nothing about me. However, I know that you can't spell, possibly indicating a poor education.

Na Na N' Na Na

Regards
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

hmmm, wasn't it a snotty reply to a email that started all the fun awhile back.

Pass the popcorn, shows started.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hey Tony I test drove a Surf for my Sister last month (which she then bought), and the sales man just wouldn't stop his patter, it was almost enjoyable. I really enjoyed the bit when I was rolling about underneath and he said "just look at them lower ball joints, no one takes the time to change them". I stuck my head out and asked him if he'd just like to have a look at mine.
                      It really was anhour with Arthur Daily, my point here was the dealer made asumptions without full knowledge. The last time Mr Surf had a problem was when some one made an assumption about him, without full knowledge, now unfortunatley he has made the same mistake.
                      Well it just proves that we are all human.

PS I'm changing brake pads,discs, bleeding the system and doing a service next week, so you might want to not answer your phone for a while!!
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

hmmm, wasn't it a snotty reply to a email that started all the fun awhile back.

Funny, I was only thinking yesterday how no-one had got moody for ages.

But now I feel a little bit scared.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                          Hello, Mrs. Urf,

I admit that I might have been a little economical with the truth when discussing the SVA - I was merely making a point. I have researched this in detail, to the point where I have observed trucks going through the HGV test centre in Llantrisant.

A personal motor sale in this country is almost without any guarantee whatsoever. It is one of the riskiest ways of purchasing. Caveat emptor is the rule.

Why am I not surprised that a motor dealer should come onto this site tell the world I 'havant a clue'. You know nothing about me. However, I know that you can't spell, possibly indicating a poor education.

Na Na N' Na Na

Regards
                          bagsy a seat at the front
                          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

who's going to be on the judges panel to judge for the best reply
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Christ, I hope not. How long did it carry on last time?

Comment

Working...
                                X