Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best alarm for a Surf

Hi Guys,

OK So I find the Surf of my dreams, get it checked over and serviced - even fit a nice new CD player and now I need to protect it.

What alarm would you guys recomend ?

Regards,

Kenny

Originally posted by Kenny_Notts
    Hi Guys,

OK So I find the Surf of my dreams, get it checked over and serviced - even fit a nice new CD player and now I need to protect it.

What alarm would you guys recomend ?

Regards,

Kenny
    if all you want is an alarm and none of this full closure/ auto start stuff, then you will be ok with any insurance aproved alarm realy. i have a laserline had it fitted when i first got it and had no probs at all.
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

whats full closure/ auto start stuff then?

Originally posted by slim
      if all you want is an alarm and none of this full closure/ auto start stuff, then you will be ok with any insurance aproved alarm realy. i have a laserline had it fitted when i first got it and had no probs at all.
      Hello M8,

Forgive my total ignorance of all things surf buts whats full closure/ auto start stuff then?

Is it something I should know about and maybe consider ?

Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by slim
        I think I have that type as well. Had it done by a mobile fitter from out your way,
        as well, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Full closure is when it closes any open windows as well as doing the central
          locking. Remote start is a supposedly useful winter warmup feature, that starts
          the vehicle from the alarm fob.

Comment

OOOOh I like the sound of Full Closure

Originally posted by MattF
            Full closure is when it closes any open windows as well as doing the central
            locking. Remote start is a supposedly useful winter warmup feature, that starts
            the vehicle from the alarm fob.

- wonder if thats available in the UK?

Kenny

Comment

Hello M8,

Forgive my total ignorance of all things surf buts whats full closure/ auto start stuff then?

Is it something I should know about and maybe consider ?

Kenny
              Hi m8, some alarms allow the user to leave the windows/sunroof down then when you set the alarm you can walk away thus leaving the alarm to auto close all windows /sunroofs to give total closure.But if you have one of these it will take a lot of work in comparison to a standard insurance approved alarm, as you will need extra relays fitting to each window/ sunroof unless it can be done just by fitting a multi relay on the drivers door this iam not sure about.

there is also alarms that can control the start up of the vehicle with the key fob and also they can be timed to come on!! although i doubt very much that they would pass a thatcham insurance test.

Comment

I think I have that type as well. Had it done by a mobile fitter from out your way,
                as well, if I remember correctly.
                yeah sounds like same guy he lives round the corner from me! or he did!!
                he was the cheapest at the time.....

Comment

Personally I would say any cat 1 approved alarm/immobiliser. It's just peace of mind really. The way I see it is that if I was a little scrotum out nicking cars or from cars, I'd probably avoid the obviously alarmed ones!!
                  Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Hi all,

I thought I needed to fit an approved alarm/immobiliser for my insurance company (Lifesure), as it was it came with an approved immobiliser.

When I came to tell them, they told me that I didn't need an approved alarm/immobiliser if the cost of the surf was under £5000.

Good job I didn't pay out to have one fitted then?

I still would have if it didn't have anything fitted for peace of mind.

Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

- wonder if thats available in the UK?

Kenny
                      Remote start? It's illegal to leave an unattended vehicle engine running, so
                      not a usable feature, generally.

Comment

A clifford inteliguard 650 or Toad should suit your needs being Cat 1 alarm/imob

Comment

Remote start? It's illegal to leave an unattended vehicle engine running, so
                          not a usable feature, generally.
                          ya spot wiv that matt, but it is a grey area because this is stated when the keys are in the ignition.

it is even ilegal to leave a vehicle unattended with the keys in the ignition with the engine switched off, cause you have no control over the vehicle.

with the keys in the ignition you are in charge of the vehicle running or not!!

i know that insurance companys will not like it but how does the law stand?? this iam unsure about!!!!.....anybody??

Comment

Hi Guys,

What are your opinions on the Laserline 291 alarm? I am getting one fitted for £200..is that a fair price? Also does it come with remote central locking?
                            When the going gets tough...The Surf gets going!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ninja_king
                              Hi Guys,

What are your opinions on the Laserline 291 alarm? I am getting one fitted for £200..is that a fair price? Also does it come with remote central locking?
                              hi m8, the laserline 291 is what i have fitted, ive had no probs with it and it is insurance approved. It does come with two central locking fobs.
                              i had mine fitted 2 1/2 years ago and it cost me £225 i think!! so i would say that £200 is a fair price..

Comment

Working...
                              X