No announcement yet.

Off topic (again :D): Townace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's got a steering wheel, pedals and a gearstick, it's all a woman driver needs, that and a large review mirror!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      It's got a steering wheel, pedals and a gearstick, it's all a woman driver needs, that and a large review mirror!
      Didn't think women knew how to use the steering wheel. Thought they relied
      on pot luck for direction.

Comment

hehe!! yeah, some of them use 'the force'

p.s. whats a Venture and a Gypsy then??

Comment

hehe!! yeah, some of them use 'the force'
          Yup, 'cos they drive as if they're like Luke when he's got that helmet on in the
          Millenium Falcon.

p.s. whats a Venture and a Gypsy then??

Toyota Venture. South African import 7 seater. They have a completely isolated
          parts division, so I'm having a dog of a time trying to trace spares. Exhaust needs
          doing, that's not a prob as such, but the clutch is wearing as well. That's the
          awkward bit at the moment. I've come to the conclusion that I'm fighting a losing
          battle with it at the moment. It has the 2Y 1800c.c petrol engine.

http://carpictures.duble.com/picture...photospics.htm

The Austin Gypsy. Had my eye on this one for yonks and been trying to wheedle
          the wife around to letting me get it. At the moment, with the Venture problems,
          (she uses the Venture for popping out anywhere), I'm trying to convince her that
          the Gypsy could be her and the kids runabout vehicle. I know it's sneaky. It's
          a '69, if I remember correctly. Two door cab with a homemade flatbed on the
          back. The chap who's selling it also has some parts for it from a s$$$$ped
          second vehicle that are in with the price. Needs quite a bit of work, but chassis
          and engine both appear fine. Most of the work would be cosmetic rather than
          mechanical. I'll take some pics of it when I take the wife to look at it on tuesday.
          If she likes it and is willing to drive in it, I'll be allowed to have it, (as long as she
          can use it for running about in, and the bairn's childseat can be made to fit).

http://www.austingipsy.net/series2.html

Comment

The Venture reminds me of a little Sherpa van.
            The Gypsy, isn't it a re-badged Landrover?

Looks like you're both into this off-roading malarky then.

Comment

The Venture reminds me of a little Sherpa van.
              Yup. Or, the Postman Pat van.

The Gypsy, isn't it a re-badged Landrover?
              Nope. Land Rover bought it out in the early 70's, if I remember correctly, as
              they thought it might start giving them some competition.

http://www.4wdonline.com/Austin/Gipsy.html
              http://www.austingipsy.net/history.html

Looks like you're both into this off-roading malarky then.
              The wife has no interest in 4x4's as such. But, she does like unusual or quirky.
              And you know what I'm like. I'm just a sad git.

Comment

Took the wife to see it yesterday. Looks like if I get it, she'll be back to driving
                the Surf. She likes its quirkiness, but not too fussed about driving it. Which
                does lead onto another slight question. If I do get it, and want it to be in everyday
                use, would getting a normal insurance policy rather than the classic insurance
                type policy be best, and what type of value do you put on something which is
                so indeterminate, value wise?

Anyhows, a couple of pics as promised. Also, the most important question. Should
                I or shouldn't I?
                Attached Files

Comment

yes
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

No, not for everyday use.

Comment

I take it you think she's as cute as me then, Richard? Taken me several
                      months to get the wife to the point where she'll let me have it.

Vince, not everyday due to horrid ride comfort, , or just that it should be
                      little used due to age and type?

Comment

Well, guess who's soon gonna be the proud owner of another moneypit.
                        Just told him I'm having the old girl, so she's safely put to one side now.

It's loud, knocking on a bit, and'll probably be high maintenance. Hell, it'll just
                        be like having another wife.
                        Last edited by MattF; 30 August 2006, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                          Vince, not everyday due to horrid ride comfort, , or just that it should be
                          little used due to age and type?

Yes!

Comment

[quote=MattF]I take it you think she's as cute as me then, Richard? Taken me several
                            months to get the wife to the point where she'll let me have it.
                            quote]

tough looking but needs to be handled with care then yes.........

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                              Well, guess who's soon gonna be the proud owner of another moneypit.
                              Just told him I'm having the old girl, so she's safely put to one side now.

It's loud, knocking on a bit, and'll probably be high maintenance. Hell, it'll just
                              be like having another wife.
                              the wife will cost you more

Comment

Yes!
                                Yes to which one?

1) Age/type.
                                2) Comfort, (or lack of).

Comment

Working...
                                X