yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to buy an imported surf - any advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a Great Truck (SURF)

I looked long and hard and got a short list on E-bay.
    I asked loads of questions and also asked for loads of pics as I live northof Aberdeen and the good supply of Surfs seem to be B'ham area etc.
    I decided on one from a Great guy called Dave, and I asked him if he could get it fully serviced, new timing belt fitted and given a full check over at his garage which I would pay for whatever the outcome and this spoke volumes, He said no problem as he was certain the car was as described and decided to lash out on an el cheapo BMI £40 flight to go see it.
    I was collected at the airpost and taken for a 40 mins run and given the wheel, up to this point I was 90% sold on it and when I drove it I was hooked on it.
    We went to his house , I checked all the paperwork and drove it straight back to Aberdeen in one shot no probs except a squeel from the AC belt which two mins with a spanner fixed.
    I had taken out insurance prior to purchasing it and I also took out a used warranty for peace of mind, well worth the £180 I would say for peace of mind.
    I have since fitted rear uprated springs, and rear shocke as I tow a large caravan and use the car every day, and I have a brilliuant pearl 3 litre 1998 Gen 3 auto sitting at my door with an all in cost of £4850 for the truck £75 for the springs, £55 for the shockers,£185 for the warranty .

There are a lot of good ones out there just take a little time and be prepared to travel a little to check them out.
    If Dave was not sure of the truck he would not have put 12 monthe MOT on it for me before I got there and had the full service done and lastly neither of us bul$$$$ted each other even though I asked dozens of questions first as we both wanted a good transaction bothways and I am sure I could not have got a better deal anywhere.
    Do not be put off by some horror storeys you may hear as they are possibly 0.01% and by someone wanting a NEW Surf for £1.65 with a lifetime warranty.

Toyota make a brilliant vehicle and your one is out there just waiting for you all yo have to bo is track it down.
    The seller should not be afraid to answer any question and remember to ask plenty after all it is your money and you call the shots.

Happy hunting.
    Over the moon Surf owner.

Mike.

ps if you want to call me try 07773960179, or 01888 544836,

sorry but mine is not for sale so I will not try and sell you mine

Comment

year and a half old thread????

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
        year and a half old thread????
        Year and a third, to be precise.

Comment

Out of date

Sorry about the slip up, but in the real world does a late post matter all that much as it may still be a relevant question this year , next year and so on.
          I will try and not answer an out of date question again. Sorry

Mike

Comment

hi

totally newbie just like the guy who started this thread and also in the same predicament as he was before he owned a surf,going into the unknown with your first import,personally i dont think it matters how old the thread is a wether its a year or 2 old it was still a hive of information to myself having just joined the forum .

hopefuly i will be able to buy my surf and learn on here about my first import truck.

Thanks for the info guys,very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by scotfalconer
              totally newbie just like the guy who started this thread and also in the same predicament as he was before he owned a surf,going into the unknown with your first import,personally i dont think it matters how old the thread is a wether its a year or 2 old it was still a hive of information to myself having just joined the forum .

hopefuly i will be able to buy my surf and learn on here about my first import truck.

Thanks for the info guys,very much appreciated.
              hey i dont care lol,i do it all the time!,

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
                hey i dont care lol,i do it all the time!,
                didnt take me long to find him,i suppose theres one in every forum,lol miaow!!

Comment

Working...
                X