X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I resist(or) this?!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Performance-Mo...QQcmdZViewItem

The snake oil dealers are at it again!

If anyone REALLY wants to 'piggyback' a 'resistor chip', you can get them from Maplin for around 3p each...

Maybe he should supply a ball bearing free with each one too!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Airflow meter?????????

You can get the same results ( as the seller is claiming,) by pulling out the airflow sensor from the airfilter outlet, and letting it dangle underneath the truck!

Comment

My Surf came with that 'mod'. Putting it back in the pipe made no, nowt, nothing, nil difference at all.

Comment

My point exactly!

Comment

Wow !! Does this mean my surf will now get a whole 50 BHP !!

Andy.

Comment

This unique resistor chip is what is known as a piggy back unit. It increases power in your cars engine independently from the ECU. There is NO DAMAGE to the ECU at all. The chip sits in line with 2 wires on the AIRFLOW METER and fools the ECU into thinking the engine is getting more air than it actually is. This in turn makes the ECU put more fuel in to the engine and alter the timing making the car have more power at high revs. On some cars there can be a gain of up to 20BHP!!! A Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 16v recorded 18 BHP difference!!
            I'm sure there will be no damage to the ECU but what about destroying the engine from overfueling. Overfueling means very high EGTs and a stuffed engine, not to mention poor fuel economy and the black smoke screen. Besides all that the Surf hasn't got an air flow meter.

Nev

Comment

power

aint these brilliant motors powerfull enough . my view is you want something more powerfull get a different motor .
              black n tan
              black n tan
              yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

I always thought in a petrol engine lean fuelling led to high temperatures, and rich fuelling just led to unburnt fuel. However, regarding diesels, I'm not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  However, regarding diesels, I'm not so sure.
                  More fuel more heat in a diesel.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    I always thought in a petrol engine lean fuelling led to high temperatures, and rich fuelling just led to unburnt fuel. However, regarding diesels, I'm not so sure.

If I remember right, it's opposite in diesels.

Comment

QUote : This in turn makes the ECU put more fuel in to the engine ...

Nuff said...

Comment

Working...
                      X