Doing a Tony & Linda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing a Tony & Linda

Well, I like my Surf so much, now the flywheel conversion work has been done, that I decided my wife, Karen, should have one of her own.

As mines a manual gearbox, and I did'nt fancy doing another DMF to solid flywheel conversion again, it was decided an auto box would be the right choice.

Anyway, successfully bid on a 1993 (L Reg.) Automatic on EBay. Paid £2,249.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
    Any opinions on was this a good, average or poor deal?

Collecting it tomorrow. I was due to go to Croydon this weekend so travelling up to Blandford Forum, Dorset, in the Citroen ZX and using the Surf upto Croydon. Collecting Citroen on the way back. This should be a good test for the mechanicals on the Surf. I've got breakdown cover just incase!!
    Brian

Originally posted by Panrixx
    Well, I like my Surf so much, now the flywheel conversion work has been done, that I decided my wife, Karen, should have one of her own.

As mines a manual gearbox, and I did'nt fancy doing another DMF to solid flywheel conversion again, it was decided an auto box would be the right choice.

Collecting it tomorrow. I was due to go to Croydon this weekend so travelling up to Blandford Forum, Dorset, in the Citroen ZX and using the Surf upto Croydon. Collecting Citroen on the way back. This should be a good test for the mechanicals on the Surf. I've got breakdown cover just incase!!
    Looks good

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Seems like a very good deal to me, best of luck
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Hey Brian you can get the mrs to go off roading now when your down in Sept
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          I'm not sure she will be confident enough for that so soon. She's currently driving a 3 door Rav4, which is some what smaller all round. This Surf has a set of Bridgestone Duellers and the fronts were mentioned on it's last MOT, so are probably needing new ones.
          Brian

Comment

Don't forget to call Toyota and get it checked - hehehe that will confuse em, you having another !!!!

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Yeah, swap the licence plates over and tell them to check it again!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Yeah, swap the licence plates over and tell them to check it again!
                Vince,

As I had my recall work done yesterday that could be fun!!

Trev,

Already checked that the new one will need the recall work done and emailed Toyota ( customer.relations@tgb.toyota. co.uk)
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  Richard,

Do you know when most people will be arriving at the field? Karen is a teacher so can't get any time off. We will leave at around 3.30 and be down with you around 5.00pm - looking forward to a good weekend.
                  Brian

Comment

Richard,

Do you know when most people will be arriving at the field? Karen is a teacher so can't get any time off. We will leave at around 3.30 and be down with you around 5.00pm - looking forward to a good weekend.
                    we all should be there by then hopefully and will fire the bbq up ready for when you get there
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Nice one Brian
                      Looks like blue is the colour in the border regions!! (do you have matching anoracks as well?
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                        Nice one Brian
                        Looks like blue is the colour in the border regions!! (do you have matching anoracks as well?
                        No matching anoracks, we have as much NOT in common as we have IN common - makes life more interesting!

Picked the Surf up this afternoon at Blanford Forum and travelled onto Charshalton, to visit my sister. Very happy with it, runs very well. Oil pressure and water temperature all as it should be. Just needs a couple of tires(that I knew about) and re-tracking. Time will tell but all seams ok.

Has the Limited Slip Diff, that I did'nt realise, and is very, very, dry underneath and around the engine, gearbox and diffs - has not been steamed cleaned either. No splits or leaks at the CV boots. Chrome bumpers in good condition. At £2,249 I'm well pleased.
                        Last edited by Panrixx; 26 August 2006, 20:27. Reason: Spelling
                        Brian

Comment

I thought I'd test the Limited Slip Diff on the Surf (1993 KZN130 Auto) I just bought for my wife, as some have said clutches wear and the LSD stops working.

Lifted the whole back end to check that both rear wheels turn in the same direction when only one side is rotated.

Lifted one side only to check that the raised wheel would not spin freely.

Guess what! It passed both tests.

Am I right in assuming these tests show the LSD is working?
                          Brian

Comment

More or less. To be 100% certain, see if the truck can do 'dough nuts' in a wet carpark! Select drive, full left or right lock, and hoof it!

Comment

Sorry Brian but only having 2 surfs doesn't qualify for Tony & Linda status.... you need at least 4 and the odd pickup
                              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X