Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle-Up Switch ... Result !

Hi all,

Just to update you on my Idle-Up switch saga.

My Surf didn't have a switch although I found a blue connector when I had the dash off for a radio band expander I fitted.

After asking the forum if this was the Idle-Up switch connector, I bought a switch off ebay.

Today the switch arrived and within 5mins I now have a working Idle-Up function !!!

I fitted it in place of the Hard/Soft switch as the shocks have been replaced.

RESULT !

Thanks to all who advised...

Cheers.
    Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Well done that man!!! Must admit i've never used mine except to see if it worked, I take it it is for cold weather starting?, Now you need to replace the useless light's in the switches so you can see em
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ian, what LED/resistor combo have you used for the backlights. Judging by
      the looks, I assume they must be the hyperbright/high output LED's?

Comment

Hi Matt, Dont know the techincal characeristic's (?) of em, but yep their
        ultra bright 3mm (phenoptix) led's with a 470 ohm resistor, I've done all my switches as the original light's were cr@p, Bit of a fiddle on some switches and on the ones without a light (passenger door windows) i've put an led or two behind the rocker so it illumates around the switch,
        Oop's got that a bit wrong, on those switches i drilled a hole in the rocker and put an led in as well as backlighting the rocker, it's the mirror and door lock switches i just backlighted
        Attached Files
        Last edited by POPEYE; 25 August 2006, 17:09.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
          Well done that man!!! Must admit i've never used mine except to see if it worked, I take it it is for cold weather starting?, Now you need to replace the useless light's in the switches so you can see em
          I didn't know there was a light in the idle up switch??

Have you fitted an after market one then?

Comment

Those do look nice. Even after all this time, I still practically start drooling
            at pics of your console and interior switches.

Comment

I Want Some

Comment

Hi Matt, Dont know the techincal characeristic's (?) of em, but yep their
                ultra bright 3mm (phenoptix) led's with a 470 ohm resistor, I've done all my switches as the original light's were cr@p, Bit of a fiddle on some switches and on the ones without a light (passenger door windows) i've put an led or two behind the rocker so it illumates around the switch,
                Oop's got that a bit wrong, on those switches i drilled a hole in the rocker and put an led in as well as backlighting the rocker, it's the mirror and door lock switches i just backlighted

Hey ian619... those are some pretty whacky colored backlighting on your gauge cluster... you got any more pics of that? Looks pretty cool!
                Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by Paff
                  I didn't know there was a light in the idle up switch??

Have you fitted an after market one then?
                  Hi Paff, Quite a few of the switches in the surf have light's in em (although i dont know why they bothered cos you have to cup your hand and peer in to see em) i did'nt know the door master switch had lights in untill one dark night
                  sitting in there waiting for my daughter, Most of the switches have little "grain of wheat" bulbs although some like the ETC and door master have led's which are a straight change over, (quits easy) the idle up and shock switches are another matter, you have to completly dissasemble the switch inc levering off the rocker to get an led in and then run the very thin wires through so they dont interfear with the switching mech, What ever you do dont pull the mirror switch apart, there's no light in it (but i had to look) and it's pure luck i got it all back together, backlighted that and the door lock switch, Ian

Comment

Originally posted by joedude
                    Hey ian619... those are some pretty whacky colored backlighting on your gauge cluster... you got any more pics of that? Looks pretty cool!
                    From modifications thread
                    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21521
                    I'll sort some pics out ian
                    Last edited by POPEYE; 27 August 2006, 18:14.

Comment

What ever you do dont pull the mirror switch apart, there's no light in it (but i had to look) and it's pure luck i got it all back together, backlighted that and the door lock switch, Ian
                      Doh!

Been there done that !

I thought I'd have to buy another switch, but managed to get it all back together although I don't know how I did it!

Comment

I think it would be easier to clip a flexy map light to the door pull!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          I think it would be easier to clip a flexy map light to the door pull!
                          Thats CHEATING

Comment

Ian, those links you posted, The fist one won't show the pics, and the photobucket link asks for your password!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              Ian, those links you posted, The fist one won't show the pics, and the photobucket link asks for your password!!!!!!
                              Think i deleated some pics when i was having that trouble posting em due to size, I'm getting pics on the following pages though, just the first page is missing the thumbnails, Just tried the photobucket link and i'm getting em alright! I can post the password unless thats a big NoNo, All the delaeted ones are on there, Anyone else haveing probs with the link?

Comment

Working...
                              X