No announcement yet.

essential items to carry???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, from what other people have told me when theyve had to make a claim, you either get a replacement car, or the money to buy another car the same spec.
    you obviously have to fight tooth and nail to get the right amount of money though.

a friends fairly old M5 caught fire some time ago, was a total write off and I think he got money for that because it was very difficult to replace the vehicle as it was fairly uncommon, so he went off and bought something different, a lotus elise i think.

where is a good mounting point for an extinguisher in the surf? ceiling, foot wells, back of the seats? It cant go in a rear foot well because i have my seats folded down 95% of the time.
    she's no angel

Comment

Under the front of the passenger seat is a good place, clipped into a couple of those spring clip thingies, like torches have.

Comment

The most important thing for long journeys you left out is a packet of M'nM's.

Fire ext under seat is usually good place

Comment

We'll follow you....

Blimey you take more stuff than the army do when they go out on a recce with three Landrovers to cover 2-300 miles. We'll follow you gal, most of what anyone will most likely need is bound to be found in or on your Surf. Do you have any room for other people it must be tight in there?

Get a C02 extinguisher less messy and more reliable. Powder types can cause all sorts of problems, not least choking. Radiator leak sealer, small tin of brake fluid, sheet of tin (large tin can cut into a length) and tin foil with large jubilee clips X2 for exhaust wrap repair. Length of stout wire in case exhaust hanger breaks.

You know the last time we went abroad, we just jumped in the car and went never even gave the car a second thought.

Comment

bottle opener and corkscrew....vital
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Loo roll. Don't worry if you forget it, you can always stam........................
              oops! sorry, can't say that!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mechanic
                Blimey you take more stuff than the army do when they go out on a recce with three Landrovers to cover 2-300 miles. We'll follow you gal, most of what anyone will most likely need is bound to be found in or on your Surf. Do you have any room for other people it must be tight in there?

Get a C02 extinguisher less messy and more reliable. Powder types can cause all sorts of problems, not least choking. Radiator leak sealer, small tin of brake fluid, sheet of tin (large tin can cut into a length) and tin foil with large jubilee clips X2 for exhaust wrap repair. Length of stout wire in case exhaust hanger breaks.

You know the last time we went abroad, we just jumped in the car and went never even gave the car a second thought.
                yes, theres space for up to 5 people if i put the seats up, but most of the time I have space for 3 people and 2 bikes. You would never know I carry so much kit if you just looked through the back window inside. I stash it all away fairly well.
                last year I packed 4 bikes in the back ( canoe on the roof), along with body board, plus 3 spare race wheels, turbo trainer, kit bag for cycling, kit bag for surfing/canoing, canoe paddle and seat, plus bedding... I was still able to sleep in the small V shape left between all the bikes in the back. Ok i ws quite near the ceiling, but I could still move around no worries.
                this year Im going with just 1 bike. so i recon there should be enough space to have a party inside.

I love my surf. I will need to sell it I think soon as well... that will be a hard time for sure.
                she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Loo roll. Don't worry if you forget it, you can always stam........................
                  oops! sorry, can't say that!
                  stam......

im sorry im not sure what youre getting at for that one...

the side steps provide the perfect perch for a "lady".

last year though when i went with some female friends, after driving around for a bit near bordeaux, I stopped to get some croissants and noticed filthy bum wipe paper wedged between the side seps and the rear mud flap...

the dirty birds
                  she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney
                    Im saving some cargo space to bring the beer and wine back... and some butter biscuits and a man.

I recon if I find the one I want, I could just flash my mag light in his eyes at night, he will be stunned for long enough for me to clobber him with the mallet and bundle him into the back...

thats where the gaffer tape comes in handy...

no, Im joking... im only joking...
                    Bugger. I was just getting my hopes up then.

Comment

Working...
                    X