Two Stoopid Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Stoopid Questions

Can anyone tell me the max pressure in the turbo hoses (fitting intercooler) My Missus has an Uncle with a hose business !
    Am I right in thinking the boost guage take off is inlet manifold pressure.
    Cheers
    Steve
    Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Originally posted by javars
    Can anyone tell me the max pressure in the turbo hoses (fitting intercooler) My Missus has an Uncle with a hose business !
    Am I right in thinking the boost guage take off is inlet manifold pressure.
    Cheers
    Steve
    Hello,

Computer / ECU whatever will start to throw errors over about 12 psi - so not a lot. Your main concern for the hoses is underbonnet temperatures and oils - that's why you are supposed to use silicone.

If you look on the Oz site they seem to take the reading anywhere after the turbo - each set up will need some kind of adjustment / calibration.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Well, fitted boost guage & one of them boost adjuster thingys (ebay full kit inc guage £43)
      Now running 12 psi & it certainly seems to have more get up & go.
      I even did it properly & wired up the guage light to the car lights, altho I think it could do with a lower wattage bulb.
      Intercooler should be here tomorrow, will fit over the weekend & work out pipes, then set about the bonnet with the trusty can opener
      Cant wait

Comment

Intercooler should be here tomorrow, will fit over the weekend & work out pipes, then set about the bonnet with the trusty can opener
        Cant wait
        Ahhh what joy,

So, what intercooler are you fitting - Vince is going for RX7, I went for Warrior

Don't stress about the 'cutting of the bonnet'.

I fitted the scoop to thick cardboard with masking tape.
        Cut the cardboard to size.
        Positioned the cardboard to the bonnet.
        Measure.
        Measure again (and again).
        Then, using the finest (ie smallest teeth) jigsaw blades you can buy - cut away!

I gotta say, I'm really gutted I'm not there!

I'll PM my mobile number - call me if you want any help/advice/shoulder to cry on etc...........

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
          Ahhh what joy,

So, what intercooler are you fitting - Vince is going for RX7, I went for Warrior

Don't stress about the 'cutting of the bonnet'.

I fitted the scoop to thick cardboard with masking tape.
          Cut the cardboard to size.
          Positioned the cardboard to the bonnet.
          Measure.
          Measure again (and again).
          Then, using the finest (ie smallest teeth) jigsaw blades you can buy - cut away!

I gotta say, I'm really gutted I'm not there!

I'll PM my mobile number - call me if you want any help/advice/shoulder to cry on etc...........
          or an offer to send the girlfriend to do the cutting if your to scared
          Last edited by stormforce; 23 August 2006, 21:51.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            or an offer to send the girlfriend to do the cutting if your to scared
            Ohhhh you are naughty!

I suppose I should come clean - I started the cut - Linda continued the cut - and when it all started flapping about - I finished the cut.

Honest.

No really, honest ha ha ahemmmmmmmmm...............

Moving quickly along

Comment

Ohhhh you are naughty!

I suppose I should come clean - I started the cut - Linda continued the cut - and when it all started flapping about - I finished the cut.

Honest.

No really, honest ha ha ahemmmmmmmmm...............

Moving quickly along
              so it was just a pose for the camera then
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yep, got a warrior one, still not sure whether or not to try a side fit (I do like those Warrior scoops) Will test fit & weigh it all up.
                Not worried about the hole cutting, just get on with it. I once cut a hole in my lounge stud wall to put a window in to get more light, was just sat looking at the wall & thought "why not?" Good old stanley knife !
                Will take pics & post.

Comment

This is the position of mine, just a couple of elbows, one either side. (they're still in the post)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    This is the position of mine, just a couple of elbows, one either side. (they're still in the post)
                    Is that a new type of transparent hose in the pic or are you just hoping the air will just blow in the right direction lol
                    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Bit like my intercooler, 2 weeks, 3 phone calls, 2 false promises, think Ive now got it sorted, Was a good price tho inc some usefull looking hose & a little fan.

Comment

Yep, got a warrior one, still not sure whether or not to try a side fit (I do like those Warrior scoops)
                        Did I post this ? see below.

Warriors lend themselves to top or side fit - why don't you stop the next one you see and ask them to pop the bonnet for a looksee.

Any way - get cutting - see if you can beat Vince to it..............

Pressure's building
                        Attached Files

Comment

Warriors lend themselves to top or side fit - why don't you stop the next one you see and ask them to pop the bonnet for a looksee.

Pressure's building
                          We've got a Warrior at work. Could probably take some photos if anyones interested...
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Pressure's building

Could you please satisfy my curiosity and tell me, is that a Cobra replica front end under that intercooler?

Comment

Could you please satisfy my curiosity and tell me, is that a Cobra replica front end under that intercooler?
                              We all live in hope.

The race is on - Javars vs. Bushwacker.

Who'll get there first?????????

Go

Comment

Working...
                              X