Moving to Wales...maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Wales...maybe?

Me and the family will be relocating soon and were thinking of the south coast (england) until i found a dream property in south Wales. Now, my work is based out of south wales so it would be convienient but the house is a bit secluded and doesent have the busy life/shops etc etc that england has. Also the boy would need schooling which would need to be in cardiff (30 mins). However the house is an amazing 4 bed detached on almost an acre, with seperate detached 2 storey garage/workshop. All of which is right next to a trout river. For the same price i could get a 2/3 bed semi with a pond on the coast.
    What benifits are there? and good/bad points?

I know there are loads of surfers there so let me know!

Thanks chaps
    Last edited by surfstar; 22 August 2006, 20:03.
    Kite Surf

cheap fish
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

theres always one..
      Kite Surf

Comment

SHEEP to cuddle upto on those dark lonely nights
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          SHEEP to cuddle upto on those dark lonely nights
          and another..
          Kite Surf

Comment

Heres one SHE'S not Baaaaaaaa'D
            Attached Files
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
              Me and the family will be relocating soon and were thinking of the south coast (england) until i found a dream property in south Wales. Now, my work is based out of south wales so it would be convienient but the house is a bit secluded and doesent have the busy life/shops etc etc that england has. Also the boy would need schooling which would need to be in cardiff (30 mins). However the house is an amazing 4 bed detached on almost an acre, with seperate detached 2 storey garage/workshop. All of which is right next to a trout river. For the same price i could get a 2/3 bed semi with a pond on the coast.
              What benifits are there? and good/bad points?

I know there are loads of surfers there so let me know!

Thanks chaps
              Hey Chris, I've seen that house as well
              But we are waiting till Adam leaves school about another 3 years before I can look for a dream location.
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Still loads of roads without speed cameras, near me anyway. cleaner air away from the south coast. Cheaper beer, not encountered any 'antis' here.
                I moved here 18 years ago, and I'll never move back to the other side of the bridge now.

Where abouts are you thinking of moving to, I know what most of the areas are like in south wales.

Comment

[QUOTE=jotto]Hey Chris, I've seen that house as well
                  But we are waiting till Adam leaves school about another 3 years before I can look for a dream location.[/QUO

Im fed up with it here, i could go to a mediocore house that i wont be happy with but in a good location or a dream house in a not so bustling area. Going to take a second look at the house tommorow with jo and jake to see if they like it.
                  Kite Surf

Comment

i found a dream property in south Wales.I know there are loads of surfers there so let me know!
                    Hello,

Where in South Wales - there's a lot of it!
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Still loads of roads without speed cameras, near me anyway. cleaner air away from the south coast. Cheaper beer, not encountered any 'antis' here.
                      I moved here 18 years ago, and I'll never move back to the other side of the bridge now.

Where abouts are you thinking of moving to, I know what most of the areas are like in south wales.
                      The area is porth, Mid Glamorgan or very near. Seems nice enough, went there yesterday and looked round the area.
                      Kite Surf

Comment

Quite a way up the valley then!
                        Near Pontypridd, which is right on the A470 which is a direct route to Cardiff central.

Comment

Chris can i come and depopulate your trout stream
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                            Chris can i cone and depopulate your trout stream
                            Come to think of it i only saw one in there yesterday! Yes Bushwacker direct to cardiff, amazing scenery. Just dont want to move near a load of scag heads
                            Kite Surf

Comment

The area is porth, Mid Glamorgan or very near.
                              Hello,

Porth, up the Rhondda?

The valleys (generally) have a lower standard of schooling than the bigger towns in the Vale of Glamorgan.

I'm originally from a nearby valley. Where it starts to rain in October, and stops usually about April.

I now live on the coast where it is a lot drier!

My advice would be to shop around and visit when it's raining.

And who's the joker who posted a pic of my girl BAAAAABARA?????
                              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
                              X