Elbow in air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbow in air intake

Someone in an old thread suggested disconnecting and turning the 90 degree elbow pipe just before the air filter so that the air is taken from the engine bay so as to improve the air flow to the engine.

Is this generally a wise thing to do?
    Dan

I've done mine, but I'm an idiot!

Comment

Turning the elbow joint as it enters the air box only means you are getting air a little bit higher than getting it from behind the headlight so you can paddle a few inchs deeper.
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by drdan
        turning the 90 degree elbow pipe just before the air filter so that the air is taken from the engine bay so as to improve the air flow to the engine.

Is this generally a wise thing to do?
        Hello,

Even better would be to turn it to face the underside of the bonnet, then fit a small scoop to get lots of fresh (cooler) air into the engine. May even get some kind of ram air effect.

The highest spec Imprezza Turbos have a large intercooler scoop and a smaller air intake scoop on the bonnet.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 22 August 2006, 14:45.
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
          Hello,

Even better would be to turn it to face the underside of the bonnet, then fit a small scoop to get lots of fresh (cooler) air into the engine. May even get some kind of ram air effect.

The highest spec Imprezza Turbos have a large intercooler scoop and a smaller air intake scoop on the bonnet.
          Yeh, but they don't go wading
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X