yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitted 33" tyres,but....................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitted 33" tyres,but....................

........................they'r e rubbing in front wheel arch on full lock.Removed mud flaps this helped a little,but still rubbing.

I have the 2" body lift, 2" rear springs with adjusted torsion bars,is it maybe the torsion bar aint cranked up enough? 33" tyres are on 10" rims and stick out from arches about 2". I'll post some pics once i take them.

Anyone else had this problem????????

Cheers.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

No, but our rims are level with the arches, its the extra offset you have thats moving the tyres nearer the bulkhead. Ours is with maxed out HD torsion bars and 1 1/2" of body lift. I had trim the lump that protrudes from the inside of the mud flap and moved the bumper forward 1"

You need more height, more abuse to the bulhead where its rubbing or less offset on the wheels (assuming you don't have wheel spacers fitted, if so take them off)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      No, but our rims are level with the arches, its the extra offset you have thats moving the tyres nearer the bulkhead. Ours is with maxed out HD torsion bars and 1 1/2" of body lift. I had trim the lump that protrudes from the inside of the mud flap and moved the bumper forward 1"

You need more height, more abuse to the bulhead where its rubbing or less offset on the wheels (assuming you don't have wheel spacers fitted, if so take them off)

Cheers.
      Gonna try cranking torsion bar up a bit more. Was measuring 34cm before body lift from top of rim to under arch.Hopefully another half inch to gain. Adjusted steering stop bolts as well,not as tight a lock but stops the rubbing for just now.

Comment

since changing the wheels and tyres have you noticed what diffrence there is in the speedo reading?? i do know that the reading will be the same, but the actual speed will differ, have you checked with sat nav or against another car??
        i take it that you did change from stock tyres/wheels?
        Last edited by slim; 20 August 2006, 13:10.
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

My sat nav reads about 5% out even on standard wheels and tyres! Let alone on 33"'s!
          I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
            My sat nav reads about 5% out even on standard wheels and tyres! Let alone on 33"'s!
            Alright Danno. Got the lift kit on Thursday .Don't know if it was the first or second dispatched one? I'll return the second one when it turns up,cheers

Pics on another thread.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25491

Comment

Originally posted by slim
              since changing the wheels and tyres have you noticed what diffrence there is in the speedo reading?? i do know that the reading will be the same, but the actual speed will differ, have you checked with sat nav or against another car??
              i take it that you did change from stock tyres/wheels?
              Yeah think i'm going a wee bit faster than what shows on speedo. Not tried against another car or anything yet.

Comment

Working...
              X