News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News

Plenty on the news this morning about 4x4's and raising tax on them. Have called them already about using veg oil etc plus raising the duty on using non transesterfied oil. Also mentioned that in US and Germany as far as i know, don't charge duty at all on oil use.
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

proberly wont make any differance what fuel we use pollution is just another excuse to sting us for more cash because we drive large 4x4s they see this as another money making sceme.highest road tax in europe worst roads

Comment

The term '4X4' covers a wide range of vehicles these days, not just the ones we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
        Plenty on the news this morning about 4x4's and raising tax on them. Have called them already about using veg oil etc plus raising the duty on using non transesterfied oil. Also mentioned that in US and Germany as far as i know, don't charge duty at all on oil use.
        Philip
        Its now also possible to buy PPO/SVO for road use without duty here in Ireland too, altough it must come from one of a few approved suppliers.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

They kept changing tack as they where questioned. It was also very one sided as they had a motoring correspondent and an anti 4x4er.

I think the interviewer could have really got them on the run if he had pushed it as One miniute they are saying 4x4's are gas guzzlers then when he said so and so said in an e-mail that their car was more economical than something else, and that their 4 x 4 takes up less space on the road than a Mondeo they came back with "well its the weight" then they started to critisize Bull bars, and then mentioned in passing that they are now banned!.

I would say that it boils down to JEALOUSY as they cant drive this type of vehicle. Also lets face it every vehicle on the road from a 50cc scooter to a 40 tonne artic is a leathal weapon in the wrong hands.

So why dont they ban all vehicles then the antis will have to find something else to moan about ........How long before they try and ban bed room antics????
          DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            The term '4X4' covers a wide range of vehicles these days, not just the ones we have.
            mmmmm.i wonder how i will get on now that i am only two wheel drive.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Depends whats on the computer at Swansea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                ........How long before they try and ban bed room antics????

What!!!!??? you mean they haven't yet???
                I'll be having words with someone later!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Depends whats on the computer at Swansea.
                  woooops.that reminds me must send that off.now what was it,
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X