Anti rust spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti rust spray

Many years ago, i got a box of Lanolin based Anti rust and corrosian spray. It was from USA.
    I am thinking to import some from New Zealand to resell also. It is far far superior to the well known sprays you can buy here. It does not eveporate like the others and doesn't just drip down from where you have just sprayed.
    Question is, does anyone know where in UK you can buy it and perhaps how much? It costs quite a bit more than normal sprays, but its a hundered times better.
    Thanks Philip
    Last edited by Philip; 17 August 2006, 16:56. Reason: forgot some words
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Zinc at 420 deg C is good.

Comment

i just don't beleive it!!!!

No one knows about Lanolin based anti corrosive spray. Lanolin is from wool, dont you know!
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

Know about lanolin, just can't think of any sprays that use it, other than tent
        waterproofing sprays.

Comment

My 4Runner had bad surface rust due to salting the roads in the winter. I purchased some POR-15 and took care of it. It's not a spray, (you paint it on) but this stuff is great. The best rust preventative stuff I've seen on the market. Here's their site: http://www.por15.com/

Here's some before and after pics of my rig:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Good luck finding the stuff you're talking about though.
          2002 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            Know about lanolin, just can't think of any sprays that use it, other than tent
            waterproofing sprays.

Isn't it used on 'Hooray Henry' jackets?

Comment

You can buy it in various thicknesses and its used a lot on boats. The spray type, i would compare with WD40 and 3in1 but its a lot better.
              Still Searching,
              Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                Lanolin is from wool, dont you know!
                Hello,

Well, I'm Welsh, so yes I did know about Lanolin, but that's a different story!

I used to work for a company that bought in small steel blades that the supplier had rust proofed with lanolin.

We had to remove it so we could nickel plate the blades. It was the worst thing we had ever come across, ever.

Dunking in 90dec C trichloroethylene (powerful solvent) for 30 minutes would not remove it! We had to rumble them in large vibro bowls for about 2 hours before they were clean enough for plating.

So, probably very good on your car.
                Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Isn't it used on 'Hooray Henry' jackets?
                  The green shooting jackets? Yup. It's the stinky stuff. Philip, why don't you just
                  buy some solid lanolin block and soften it by mixing with pure turpentine. It'll end
                  up being like beeswax furniture polish. If you want it any thinner, more turpentine
                  or just heat it up to apply.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Lovely Boyo]Dunking in 90dec C trichloroethylene (powerful solvent) QUOTE]

I used that when I was working in an engineering factory back in the eighties.
                    We used to fetch engine parts in on the week-end for de-greasing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                      Dunking in 90dec C trichloroethylene (powerful solvent)

I used that when I was working in an engineering factory back in the eighties.
                      We used to fetch engine parts in on the week-end for de-greasing.
                      Aahh... Genklene.... I remember it well.
                      It just does, OK?

Comment

That's the stuff.......those were the days.

Comment

Working...
                        X