Malenibo needs four wheel drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malenibo needs four wheel drive

Hi Guys an Gals just thought I would let you know that my new Surf is sat on my drive and looks really great. Why hasnt he mentioned the great drive I hear you ask? Well on the Friday night I fell up a flight of three concrete steps and fractured my leg. After 10 hours in casulty I came out encased in plaster from thigh to ankle. Not a cat in hell's chance of going to pick up my Surf on Saturday, so the wife went for it. She arrived home some 4 hours later with a big grin on her face and said it drives better than the Disco and is much quieter, (The garage I bought it from is only 5 miles down the road). So all I can do for the moment is stare at it longingly out of the window and imagine what its like to drive. Regards Malcolm
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

only need one

Which leg did you fracture - you only need the right one!!

(although I'm sure your insurance might disagree!)

Rob

Comment

Soory to hear about the leg but has this effected your ability to take and post piccies of the new toy. Hope the pain isnt as agonising as the wait to drive it.

Ian
      Objects in the rear view mirror are losing

Comment

Malcolm.

Sorry to hear about the broken leg, you'll just have to use the Forum to get your dose of Surfing until it heals up - swiftly I hope. Get your Wife to take some pictures and the post them, then you can look at the Surf without having to look out of the Window.

Cheers and get well soon.

Comment

Malcolm,

Hope you're soon on the mend - can't you get the wife to take you out for a spin?? I'm sure she won't need much encouragement to drive it...

Don't worry - it'll be worth the wait when you finally get behind the wheel!!
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
            Malcolm,

Hope you're soon on the mend - can't you get the wife to take you out for a spin?? I'm sure she won't need much encouragement to drive it...

Don't worry - it'll be worth the wait when you finally get behind the wheel!!
            HEY MALC.get your good lady to park it in front of the WINDOW so you can drool over it while the leg mends
            is it the right leg then? left leg no need of auto hey
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Get hacksaw out, cut off the plaster. Drive to hospital to get leg replastered and enjoy the trip there.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Sorry to hear about your break mate!

I too am on crutches having had an op' on my left achilles last October.
                Thankfully, I can drive the automatic. No way can I drive a manual yet.
                So, I was really chuffed when the quacks and insurance allowed me to pick up our surf on New Years' Eve.

Hope you mend quickly so that you can really appreciate your surf.

Cheers

Gary

p.s. was it Britannia (A48) that you got yours from? They had some good ones in there some time back.
                1996 SSR-G 3.0TD
                1995 SSR-X 3.0TD Ltd

Comment

Malenibo
                  What part of Chepstow you in Mate ? thought I had the only 3rd Gen in Chepstow.
                  Cheers
                  Conker

Doh ! Just read your profile and see your in Caldicot with a 2nd Gen.
                  Nice dogs by the way.
                  Last edited by Conker; 12 January 2004, 20:07. Reason: being a dum arse and not reading profiles
                  [center] [/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Malenibo
                    Hi Guys an Gals just thought I would let you know that my new Surf is sat on my drive and looks really great. Why hasnt he mentioned the great drive I hear you ask? Well on the Friday night I fell up a flight of three concrete steps and fractured my leg. After 10 hours in casulty I came out encased in plaster from thigh to ankle. Not a cat in hell's chance of going to pick up my Surf on Saturday, so the wife went for it. She arrived home some 4 hours later with a big grin on her face and said it drives better than the Disco and is much quieter, (The garage I bought it from is only 5 miles down the road). So all I can do for the moment is stare at it longingly out of the window and imagine what its like to drive. Regards Malcolm
                    Tuff luck mate, you fell for the old banana on the stair trick then.
                    Take it easy, a drive in your new baby will set the target for you to get well sooner.

Comment

Welcome !!

Sorry to hear about the leg...... at least you can learn loads about the car on hear before you use it !!!

Lovely dogs those Elkhounds, I work with a guy who as 2
                      [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Good news that you got your Surf. It must be a real bummer not being able to drive it yet. You have loads of time to surf the net for accessories and ideas for mods! You will be an expert before you get behind the wheel.
                        Speedy recovery mate.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                        X