toyota recall rip off!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickeyboy
    If I remember correctly the pads do sit slightly higher (over the top edge) of the discs.

Toyota will know!? You'd have thought so wouldn't you? Spent an hour on the phone to Sims today, miserable bunch of b4st4rds! Firstly they tell me, "it's a gey import, only 4runners are covered by the recall". So I get the number for Toyota UK, speak to customer relations who tell me that Surfs are definately covered by the recall, but can't tell me if mine actually needs to have it done or not! I need to ask at my local dealership, apparently. So I give Sims another call, tell them they need to speak to Toyota UK and they'll verify that Surfs are covered by the recall, and tell them how to recover any costs incurred.

So after they've done that they give me a call back, take down all mine and the motor's details. Only to then tell me that they gotta pass the details on to the warranty department, who will call me on monday, and MAY be able to tell me if mine needs to have it done or if it was done in Japan or what!!!

F**KING SIMS TOYOTA, USELESS B4ST4RDS!!

Last time I went there I went to get a little mushroom thingy for the back seat, (you know the bit you pull up to pull the back seat forward?), they told me my motor doesn't have back seats!!!!
    I e-mailed Toyota Europe with my chassis No etc they got back to me within the day and informed me mine had been done in Japan.
    Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins
      I e-mailed Toyota Europe with my chassis No etc they got back to me within the day and informed me mine had been done in Japan.

Aha, don't suppose you got the email details handy?
      Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

The idiots at Toyota Rayleigh have taken photos of mine to send off to the techncians in Japan for advice on how to do the work, they can't do it because of location of the AC rad. Started on about having R12 and can't do the work and blah, blah, blah.
        I have told them it's their problem, if they want to convert my AC, the costs all theirs. It works perfectly and I'm not paying them anything.
        They are oing to have to make do with the cost rate they get from Toyota GB to do the works. Chancers!

Here's their email: customer.relations@tgb.toyota. co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
          Aha, don't suppose you got the email details handy?
          cust.service(at)toyota-europe.com

Contact Europe rather than UK. They are far more efficient at the initial enquiry
          stage. Must admit, though, that apart from UK's slight tardiness at responding to
          e-mail enquiries, everything went smooth as a button otherwise. No bubbly, fuel
          or loan vehicle, (neither asked nor really cared for any), but otherwise everything
          was great. I must just be lucky and have a good dealer. In all honesty, our local
          dealer, (Pentagon), have always being extremely useful and helpful with any
          spares or enquiries regarding the Surf. I couldn't fault them even if I wanted to.

Comment

I once took my works van in to the local dealers for a routine service, and tested there system by parking the van in a particular way that i would know if its been moved or not.

recevied a phone call in the afternoon saying that my van was ready.

what did i find when i picked up the vehicle?

the van had not been moved..

it just shows that just because there a big name dealer they still can not be trusted.....

and on a local radio station today it was said that the genral public are getting ripped off by big garages with hourly rates as much as £170....
            i could only afford half hour then!!!
            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

hehehe... i went to buy a ball joint from Toyota and he asked if it had CUTAINS!... apparently that makes a difference!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                hehehe... i went to buy a ball joint from Toyota and he asked if it had CUTAINS!... apparently that makes a difference!

do they come with tie backs and a pelmet
                CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

is it like mickeyboy thinks then are the pads sat higher than the discs?
                  and anyone know how much higher?
                  cheers
                  at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

Sort of, the metal backing part of the pad is larger/taller than the toyota originals, but it doesn't affect the way they perform, and they're still held in place by the proper fixings. I have non original pads and they're o.k.

Comment

Working...
                    X