Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toyota recall rip off!!

took my surf in tuesday evening to have the recall work done
    they gave me a yaris courtesy car (not that good off road )
    yesterday morning i got an alarming call off them....

" hello sir its toyota here we have found some defects with your car"

"oh whats that then"

" well. . . your coolant is discoulered and you need a timing belt urgently"

"my coolant is discoulered??"

"yes its very weak"

"my timing belt needs changing?"

"yes sir oh and your rear wiper rubber is dangerously ripped the rubber has seperated "

"how have you come to this conclusion"

"our technition has done a safety check and there are other problems"

"are you sure?"

"oh yes sir"

"right how have you come to the conclusion that the coolant is weak & the timing belt needs changing"

"he's done a visual check"

"so hes had the timing cover off then?"

"er no"

"so how does he know the belt needs changing then?"

"because he says so"

at this point i kind of lost my temper and told her that i had had the head done a couple of months ago and at the same time had the coolant changed and the timing belt done, and unless they did the chemical analysis on the fluid just how by looking could he tell it was weak & also how the hell could he say the timing belt needed changing when he had not even removed the cover
    after i let her squirm for 5 mins trying to give me the official bull$hit i told her to get her manager to ring me

anyway the manager rings me
    and aparently theres more!!

"why did she ring me being all alarmist saying these things need doing urgently" i asked

"well she should not have worded it that way sir, she should have said that unless you have already done them they need doing"

"oh right well why did she say at 9.30 in the morning on the day you are doing the work that they needed doing urgently? you have not even started the repair yet and are just trying to get more work out of me so you can charge me!!"

"i cant answer that but i will speek to her and make sure in future she words things right but there are other things on the safety list"

"oh and they are"

"aircon needs regasing,brake fluid needs relacing,and your front brakes are not right!!"

"so that all needs doing? because my aircon was regassed 2 weeks ago!!"
    (it wasn't but it works fine!!)

"that is of course if it has not been done before"

"so what you are saying is that all these things you have listed and checked need changing if i hav'nt done them already?"

"yes"

"so why not just say that then instead of saying they need doing urgently?"

"i did"

"right ok im not arguing with you i will see you in person when i pick the car up tonight and whats wrong with the front brakes?"

"they are not right!"

"how"

"the technition says they are the wrong discs & pads or they have been fitted incorectly"

"how so ? they work perfectly fine"

"i dont know i will ask the technition"

so the call ended there
    at 4 pm he called me back saying they have changed the part but the steering idler bushes were perished and a new one would be in today and fitted free of charge & he still did not know what the problem with the brakes was!!

im now worried over the brakes
    is it possible to fit totally wrong brakes?
    or fit them totally wrong but they still work?

i now do not trust this stealership due to the alarmist call i got
    at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Originally posted by shaggy

"oh whats that then"

"yes its very weak"

"yes sir oh and your rear wiper rubber is dangerously ripped the rubber has seperated "

"are you sure?"

"oh yes sir"

"right how have you come to the conclusion that the coolant is weak & the timing belt needs changing"

"er no"

"because he says so"

at this point i kind of lost my temper and told her that i had had the head done a couple of months ago and at the same time had the coolant changed and the timing belt done, and unless they did the chemical analysis on the fluid just how by looking could he tell it was weak & also how the hell could he say the timing belt needed changing when he had not even removed the cover
    after i let her squirm for 5 mins trying to give me the official bull$hit i told her to get her manager to ring me

"why did she ring me being all alarmist saying these things need doing urgently" i asked

"well she should not have worded it that way sir, she should have said that unless you have already done them they need doing"

"oh right well why did she say at 9.30 in the morning on the day you are doing the work that they needed doing urgently? you have not even started the repair yet and are just trying to get more work out of me so you can charge me!!"

"i cant answer that but i will speek to her and make sure in future she words things right but there are other things on the safety list"

"oh and they are"

"aircon needs regasing,brake fluid needs relacing,and your front brakes are not right!!"

"so what you are saying is that all these things you have listed and checked need changing if i hav'nt done them already?"

"yes"

"i did"

"right ok im not arguing with you i will see you in person when i pick the car up tonight and whats wrong with the front brakes?"

"they are not right!"

"how"

"the technition says they are the wrong discs & pads or they have been fitted incorectly"

so the call ended there
    at 4 pm he called me back saying they have changed the part but the steering idler bushes were perished and a new one would be in today and fitted free of charge & he still did not know what the problem with the brakes was!!

It's all B***ocks mate. Sign the paperwork for the re-call work and drive away from there!

Comment

just curious- you have a M reg 3ltr. thought this recall only referred to earlier models. mines an N reg- will it be affected by this recall?

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy

"oh whats that then"

"yes its very weak"

"are you sure?"

"oh yes sir"

"er no"

"because he says so"

"oh and they are"

"yes"

"i did"

"they are not right!"

"how"

so the call ended there

hey shaggy mines in today wonder if i'll get a phone call
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I will never trust Toyota to even valet my surf let alone do any work on after the recall on mine.I would rather pay over the top and go to someone else then let them touch my surf
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The recall letter was forwarded to me here in Kenya.

I contacted Toyota East Africa and they, wonder of wonders, have agreed to carry out the work! I've had to wait for the part but should be getting it done early next week - insha'allah.

Problem is - if they come back with a list of problems - I know they'll probably right! My 4Runner is currently falling apart - lots of bushes buggered, shocks buggered, I've removed both anti-roll bars as they were buggered, front brakes are buggered and I have my doubts over the rear ones and the engine mounting is broken - at least my starter now works (had it serviced yesterday).

Maybe if I beg, they do it all for free - or at least at a big discount - but somehow I doubt it...
            @africa4x4cafe
            [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Who did you take it to shaggy wasnt benfields by any chance?.

Comment

If you are going to talk BULLSH!T then you would think they would be better at it. These people are pathetic.

Nev

Comment

just collected my truck (jemca bromley)well disappointed!!!!!! didnt say anything just your trucks done and that was it , no bull$$$$ or urgent repairs needed
                  have to check my rubbers etc later but at the moment its all good ,
                  JEMCA BROMLEY

Comment

yes it was benfields of wakefield
                    went to collect it and the service manager said the guy with the fuel card was out so i didnt get my £10 fuel oh and they were out of champagne
                    set off to$$ers
                    i will of course be calling toyota customer relations tommorow and writing a letter to the general manager

just a foot note though. . . . they say that they think the brakes are not right because the pads are higher than the disc so he said the discs are too small or the pads are too big??
                    they didnt check to see just told me that something was wrong
                    at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

Its the rear windscreen wiper rubber i'm worried about.... your doing 70mph and the rear wiper blade shears off ...think of the carnage...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by fergus
                        just curious- you have a M reg 3ltr. thought this recall only referred to earlier models. mines an N reg- will it be affected by this recall?
                        If you do a search on the recall there are a batch of chassis Nos which are part of the recall. It may have already been done in japan before being imported as mine was. Toyota wiil know
                        Trust your Hound.

Comment

My Runner went to the local dealer for the recall to be done.
                          Work carried out, courtesy car supplied. Call to say its done, picked car up, it had been valeted, free safety check done. Guy who did safety check happened to be a reception when I picked the keys up. Safety check all Ok and he commented how well the truck had been looked after, new front pads, good anti freeze level, oil was clean. All done a couple of weeks before it went in, so he must have checked to know it was all new.
                          On top of the valet they put £10 worth of diesel in and gave me a good quality bottle of wine to say sorry for the inconveinance for having to bring me truck in.
                          So all in all it really depends on what your local dealer is like.
                          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                          My choice
                          Back off

Comment

just a foot note though. . . . they say that they think the brakes are not right because the pads are higher than the disc so he said the discs are too small or the pads are too big??
                            they didnt check to see just told me that something was wrong
                            If I remember correctly the pads do sit slightly higher (over the top edge) of the discs.

If you do a search on the recall there are a batch of chassis Nos which are part of the recall. It may have already been done in japan before being imported as mine was. Toyota wiil know
                            Toyota will know!? You'd have thought so wouldn't you? Spent an hour on the phone to Sims today, miserable bunch of b4st4rds! Firstly they tell me, "it's a gey import, only 4runners are covered by the recall". So I get the number for Toyota UK, speak to customer relations who tell me that Surfs are definately covered by the recall, but can't tell me if mine actually needs to have it done or not! I need to ask at my local dealership, apparently. So I give Sims another call, tell them they need to speak to Toyota UK and they'll verify that Surfs are covered by the recall, and tell them how to recover any costs incurred.

So after they've done that they give me a call back, take down all mine and the motor's details. Only to then tell me that they gotta pass the details on to the warranty department, who will call me on monday, and MAY be able to tell me if mine needs to have it done or if it was done in Japan or what!!!

F**KING SIMS TOYOTA, USELESS B4ST4RDS!!

Last time I went there I went to get a little mushroom thingy for the back seat, (you know the bit you pull up to pull the back seat forward?), they told me my motor doesn't have back seats!!!!
                            Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                              My Runner went to the local dealer for the recall to be done.
                              Work carried out, courtesy car supplied. Call to say its done, picked car up, it had been valeted, free safety check done. Guy who did safety check happened to be a reception when I picked the keys up. Safety check all Ok and he commented how well the truck had been looked after, new front pads, good anti freeze level, oil was clean. All done a couple of weeks before it went in, so he must have checked to know it was all new.
                              On top of the valet they put £10 worth of diesel in and gave me a good quality bottle of wine to say sorry for the inconveinance for having to bring me truck in.
                              So all in all it really depends on what your local dealer is like.
                              i never even got a safety check never mind the fuel @ valet,
                              could have done with a valet
                              never mind might get mrs joker to give them a call

Comment

Working...
                              X