4x4 Tax help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 Tax help...

I notice on the news and on here that they are considering putting the cost of road tax for 4x4's up from £210 to around £1800 or some stupid figure like that...

Could somone please explain to me why we have to pay higher tax rates than petrol cars when we can quite happily run on almost 100% veg oil?

Not knowing anything about emissions could someone put me right on this... If I ran a Surf on Diesel and one on Veg oil for a day which would put out the highest emissions?

If you increase tax on a 4x4 to £1800 surely tankers, haulers, trucks and vans should increase proportionately according to their emissions meaning that to tax a petrol or diesel tanker would cost something stupid like £3000 a year…

Could someone put me right on this subject as I couldn’t justify £1800 a year on road tax and would have to sell my beloved surf, this problem would also be facing others and they would likely place their cars on the market causing the second hand price of 4x4’s to fall through the floor surely… Economics was never my strong point but I think that’s partly right… Is it?

Don't worry, it'll never happen.
    If you could run your Surf on 100% veg oil 100% of the time then you would have zero emmisions and would qualify for the zero road tax bracket.
    But because this Government dosen't want to loose out in the 'piggy bank' department, they have to think up these headline grabbing statements to make us all travel on busses and trains so that they can be chaufered around in their high emmision 9 miles per gallon luxury limos.

Comment

The tax for your truck should still be £175 at the moment.
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Yep your right I am still paying £175.

When does the new costing come in?

Comment

Originally posted by cue_ball

That is the costing there are no new costings as yet. If there are going to be it will be in the Budget.
          Trust your Hound.

Comment

.....and while we blindly pay all these taxes our MP's are butt f****** us....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Comment

This Comes As A Result Of Yet Another Government Think Tank Spouting Off As Usual! They Recon That 4x4's Should Pay Thru The Nose!they Are Using The 'green' Cloud! Where Exactly Would My Hard Earned Pounds Be Spent? On Greener Issues! I Think Not, Bring Another Boat Load In Boys The Hard Working Folk In This Country Will Pay For You To Sit On Your Ass!

Comment

Folks, think of the other news today about increasing bombing in Lebanon, about planes full of American weaponry heading from the UK to Israel, they probably wanted a deflection.

A good day for bad news springs to mind.

It'll never happen because if they did this, hauliers / businesses with vans etc would be up in arms. It would be political suicide.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by cue_ball

It's already here but only for new cars.
                  Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

£1800 quid a year, yeah right. And who's gonna pay shall we all declare sorn and share number plates in the name of J. Prescott or some other 'politician'
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                      .....and while we blindly pay all these taxes our MP's are butt f****** us....
                      Nothin new there then Wot really gets me though iz that they think we are all to stupid to know that they are taking us for (insert word of choice here). They live on expence accounts while banking their six figure sallarys. Now I'm getting a headache due to RAGE
                      Look at the peacefull fuel blockades a few years back. "THEY" made it look like the world would end and made new laws (hardest work they ever did) within weeks. Just to keep 2 jags mobile. GRRRRRRRRRR GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR When the people spoke "THEY" shut them up.

I think I'll shut up now. My fingers can't keep up the typing with my brains ranting
                      xcuse mi spilling kan't phinda dictonnairy

Comment

Originally posted by Treefrog166
                        This Comes As A Result Of Yet Another Government Think Tank Spouting Off As Usual! They Recon That 4x4's Should Pay Thru The Nose!they Are Using The 'green' Cloud! Where Exactly Would My Hard Earned Pounds Be Spent? On Greener Issues! I Think Not, Bring Another Boat Load In Boys The Hard Working Folk In This Country Will Pay For You To Sit On Your Ass!
                        Them there Ministers must think were as Green as they are

There's Always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                        X