Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Laning

Whats it all about?

There is one right by me and I get the impression it is an off road route?

If so I have got nowt on today and it may be a bit of fun.

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the subject for me.

Thanks

James

It's always worth checking with these people first http://www.glass-uk.org/ , or contact the rights of way officer at your local council , as some routes have restriction orders on them ,and you could get a hefty fine if found driving them .

Comment

Originally posted by Jameswood345
      Whats it all about?

There is one right by me and I get the impression it is an off road route?

If so I have got nowt on today and it may be a bit of fun.

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the subject for me.

Thanks

James

James,
      unless your,e 100% sure the track has legal vehicular access, don,t use it. you need to know its status, as Andy said it may be subject to a TRO(traffic restriction order) or some local group from glass or lara or the TRF maybe fighting the local council over its staus. these groups spend £1,000,s trying to keep lanes open and people using them without knowing whether they are driving on a RUPP(road used as a public path, BOAT(byway open to all traffic) or a UCR(unclassified country road) or some farmers field(SFF) don,t really help them much. best advice i can give you is to join one of the groups.
      there,s more to it than just driving the lanes, the TRF(trail riders fellowship) for instance, have opened up old lanes after much research by its members, also they help with lane repairs and cutting back shrubbery etc.
      i hope i haven,t got your head in bits m8 but as you can see there,s a bit more to it than "i get the impression it is an off-road route".
      sorry for being so long winded, but i hope iv,e a little light for you

ship (ex TRF)

Comment

The Green Lane Users site has good info too.

Rich.

http://www.glu.org.uk/
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
        X