Air Conditioning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioning.

Having looked at most of threads on air/con I made a few enquiries of my own in this area and came up with a company that will fully service, de-bug/mold, vacuum test, re-gas with appropriate additives/oil as deemed necessary by their information sources, test and adjustments as needed for £78.45 all in. My Surf goes in tomorrow, I'll let you know how Chunky (christened already) gets on. Considered the Halfords Gas charge bottles but at £39.99 a go I might as well let someone else do it seeing as how all the work is done with extras Especially if the system took more than one bottle which is very likely.
    Last edited by The Mechanic; 4 August 2006, 13:58. Reason: additional info.

The halrauds bottles of r134a are 300g, the Surf system takes 1000g, plus also to do the job right the system needs to be vacuumed first to get rid of any air. the halfrauds bottles are just for top up
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Air con serviced.

So my Surf has had the air/con de-gassed, vacuum tested, re-gassed and correct lubricant added, UV reactive dye added and a thorough UV leak test carried out with no faults found. Also I was allowed to watch when ever it was relevant (didn't want to stand and watch a vacuum test lasting 30 mins).

While I was waiting I decided to nip across the road and price everything up for air/conDIY in Halfords. Large regas/top-up canister with gauge £39.99
      Small gas top-up canister £19.99
      (so thats 2 @ £39.99 + 19.99 = £99.97)
      De-bug/mould spray £11.99
      Leak/seal and lubricant additive £9.?? (can't remember exact cost)

So thats a total of £111.96 and I provide the labour....nah!

Job cost me including vat £78.75...does that seem reasonable.

Nationwide Autocentre.

Comment

That's an excellent price!

Comment

Working...
        X