Note: Surf takes desiel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note: Surf takes desiel

Picked up the surfs from Stevo's yesterday drove her back from Stockport to Stoke was so glad to get her back all fixed and new head on.
    Went cinema with some mates to see 'Cars'. Was a good film i recomend it ppl. The only problem was i went with a Aussie girl and she has never herd of 'Sweet' popcorn so we had salted insted *throws up*. I needed some fuel for the way home so nipped in to the petrol station starting pump some fuel into her and i was talking to the surf telling her how much desiel id put in her today .Then it dawnd on me an i looked dwn an saw a green pump in my hand DOH!! i stopped and almost scream , i looked how much id put in an it was only £15 of unleaded ! i got on the fone to 1 of me mates and he said she shud be fine aslong as i fill her up with desiel . I put £38 of derv in her and she doesnt like starting at the mo but she eventualy does.

Any suggestions on anything i can do to help her would be mucho appreciated.
    Cheers
    Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Put some veg in.

OR keep driving her until you've cleared the petrol.
    Was it the normal petrol, or the super unleaded, as I have found in the past Super unleaded runs much poorer than normal unleaded.
    Keep flushing the tank with diesel, and if your lucky you'll get away with it.

OR you could drain the tank (2nd Gens have a drian plug on the underside of the tank) and refill with fresh diesel.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Quite a few people have done this recently, do a quick search.

However, consensus is that it won't do any real harm, and given than you only put in a 1/4 tank, it should work it's way through pretty quickly. Might start a bit funny for a while, but will be OK. Might even be better as the petrol may clear some gunk out.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

empty the tank

Originally posted by avalon
        Picked up the surfs from Stevo's yesterday drove her back from Stockport to Stoke was so glad to get her back all fixed and new head on.
        Went cinema with some mates to see 'Cars'. Was a good film i recomend it ppl. The only problem was i went with a Aussie girl and she has never herd of 'Sweet' popcorn so we had salted insted *throws up*. I needed some fuel for the way home so nipped in to the petrol station starting pump some fuel into her and i was talking to the surf telling her how much desiel id put in her today .Then it dawnd on me an i looked dwn an saw a green pump in my hand DOH!! i stopped and almost scream , i looked how much id put in an it was only £15 of unleaded ! i got on the fone to 1 of me mates and he said she shud be fine aslong as i fill her up with desiel . I put £38 of derv in her and she doesnt like starting at the mo but she eventualy does.

Any suggestions on anything i can do to help her would be mucho appreciated.
        pump out your fuel by hand with the hand primer on top of your fuel filter and the outgoing pipe into a bucket. takes about 10 minutes.
        would recomend a new fuel filte (£3.50 from milner off road ltd, matlock derby)

Comment

Ah well you see, but....

now if you inadvertantly put some diesel into a petrol car, the diesel won't hurt the mechanicals but it will not do the catalytic convertor (if fitted any good) Fairly obviously the engine probably won't run at all well. Probably won't run.

HOWEVER in the case of petrol into a diesel, this is potential DEATH for the transfer and high pressure pump. Action of the petrol reduces the lubricity of the diesel fuel to virtually ZERO, so picking up and scoring is the order of the day. You should not run your engine....£15.00 is quite a bit of diluting petrol for a diesel, I personally would be very worried about the longevity of the fuel system in terms of the injection pump, let alone the damage that may be being doner to the injectors.

Proof of the pudding....diesel on your fingers is slippery...petrol aint! The major consideration that all petroleum companies have to consider when producing diesel is the lubricating qualities. Petrol doesn't provide any where near the levels of 'lubricity' that diesel has to.

What you could have done was add some 2-stroke oil to your tank, unpleasant and creates all kinds of smoke but it does provide an interim solution to getting the vehicle to some where safe so that the fuel can be drained out.

I hope your injectors and pump are ok and that you've escaped any lasting damage.....

Comment

chuck some veg in,i put at least 20% unleaded in my veg to thin it out

Comment

Working...
            X