Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappointed

Have just fitted my procomp 3000s on the front end and quite honestly
    I am a little disappointed they fill any different to the sha""ed I took off,
    is this normal, I didnt go for the 9000s as I seldom go off road. I will know
    better next time

Originally posted by Nkerridge
    Have just fitted my procomp 3000s on the front end and quite honestly
    I am a little disappointed they fill any different to the sha""ed I took off,
    is this normal, I didnt go for the 9000s as I seldom go off road. I will know
    better next time
    i think you'll find the 3000's are between the hard and soft settings of your old adjustable shocks so you wont actually get a really firm ride with them
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      i think you'll find the 3000's are between the hard and soft settings of your old adjustable shocks so you wont actually get a really firm ride with them
      Mytruck does not have adjustable shocks, thats why i
      am a tad disappointed

Comment

Mytruck does not have adjustable shocks, thats why i
        am a tad disappointed
        if you didnt have adjustable shocks before then they must of been aftermarket one so the es3000's wouldnt make much difference as the old one's may have been better, if you want a firmer ride could you not get the supplier to upgrade to 9000's
        good luck

theres nowt worse than changing sumat and no improvment, check out my recent probs with Kenlowe
        john
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Not all surfs had adjustable shocks as standard fitment, so the ones you removed could have been on there since it was new, but saying that you should feel some difference with the new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            Not all surfs had adjustable shocks as standard fitment, so the ones you removed could have been on there since it was new, but saying that you should feel some difference with the new ones.
            I was wishing it would handle like a sports car ?? how sad is that !!

Comment

I was wishing it would handle like a sports car ?? how sad is that !!
              If that was your expectation, you're screwed whatever you try.
              Last edited by MattF; 2 August 2006, 17:18.

Comment

On mine I could detect very little difference between the old 180,000km adjustable ones on the soft setting and the new 3000's, I would have gone for 9000's but they don't do them for the front of the 3rd Gens.

My experience so far with the procomps is that they are what you pay for them, cheap.
                Maurice
                Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                  My experience so far with the procomps is that they are what you pay for them, cheap.
                  ...and they rust quick. They need several more coats of paint before fitting them in any country where rain is likely.

Comment

Working...
                  X