which phone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which phone...

ok im getting old.. its upgrade time and for the first time ever i havent got a clue what phone to get. im staying with vodaphone as im about 80 metres from the mast at work, and thats where i tend to use it most.

i want it to do that fone tele thing for when im on nights... mp3 player.. and i want it to be able to run some tom tom go for mobiles (5.2) i have <cough>..

anyone ???
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

I've got the Nokia 6680. Nice phone. And I think it'll tick all the boxes for you..

I think the slightly newer model is the N70.
    It just does, OK?

Comment

sony erricson ??decent phone plus all the tricks
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Stay with Nokia and make sure its a symbian based phone the 6680 will do all of what you want and more lots of software about for free. If you want to get real high tech then go for the N80 not much software about yet but there will be and as it has WiFi soon be able to use Skype for free/cheap calls. If you ever need any software for symbian based Nokia's then drop me a line have loads (including most maps for TT5 and Speed...sorry I mean safety camera's )

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
          If you ever need any software for symbian based Nokia's then drop me a line have loads (including most maps for TT5 and Speed...sorry I mean safety camera's )

Ahem...

What ya got, John???
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Have a look here

www.20000mobiledeals.co.uk/

Lots of good cash back deals around at the minute providing you remember to send the bills back.

I`ll be getting shut of vodafone this time,There as tight as @rseholes.Just look at some of the deals on the link above,vodafone hardly do any,and when they do they lock you up in a 18 month contract.O2 for me next
            Stella Artois

Comment

just got an orange spv m600 - nice phone and im running i-GO gps on it although if anyone knows of tomtom i can try as im after camera databases too
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

i'd steer clear of the nokias... the software's $hite!
                got the N70... seems to do everything except make calls!! try something else if you really want symbian.

got a sony ericsson K800i... awesome with 3Mp camera, Mp3 etc. only downside is they have a new memory stick micro whuch isn't compatible with the duo!!...d'oh!
                also got the w800i walkman which is pretty good, and had a v800... also good!

there's a new LG with a 5.3 Mp camera... but haven't really looked at it

chesk out www.getjar.com for software to run on phones.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  i'd steer clear of the nokias... the software's $hite!
                  got the N70... seems to do everything except make calls!! try something else if you really want symbian.

got a sony ericsson K800i... awesome with 3Mp camera, Mp3 etc. only downside is they have a new memory stick micro whuch isn't compatible with the duo!!...d'oh!
                  also got the w800i walkman which is pretty good, and had a v800... also good!

there's a new LG with a 5.3 Mp camera... but haven't really looked at it

chesk out www.getjar.com for software to run on phones.
                  Not a lot of point in 5.1Mp when you stick a sh*t lens in front of it is there? Garbage in = garbage out. Specmanship, so you can outdo your mates down the pub, pure and simple.

As far as my old git opinion goes - if you want a decent camera, buy a decent Canon or a Nikon. If you want a decent sounding MP3 player, buy an iPod.

Bah humbug!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i have to say my last 3 sony-ericssons have been great phones/occasional cameras. got a w800i now and thats good too
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

What ever happend to mobile phones that just made and received phone calls?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                        Ahem...

What ya got, John???
                        What would you like ? Take a look on http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/index.php .Thats where I get most of my stuff, if you can not find what you want then PM me and I try to find it if I don't already have it. As to Nokia's beeing sh1t well their the market leaders so that must say something

Comment

Originally posted by John McC
                          What would you like ? Take a look on http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/index.php .Thats where I get most of my stuff, if you can not find what you want then PM me and I try to find it if I don't already have it. As to Nokia's beeing sh1t well their the market leaders so that must say something
                          Thanks for that. I'll have a look!!
                          It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
                          X