Hello, Willy Mammoth here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Willy Mammoth here.

Hello boys and girls, I am new to this forum as you might have guessed.

Didn't see a newbe's post here first so I'm not sure if this is where this goes.

I have a 1948 Willys Jeep that, well isn't much Jeep anymore. More Toyota than anything else. I am running a SD22 Nissan diesel right now, but am interested in putting a 3.0 toyota diesel in it soon.

I will be looking over the site looking for info on the 3.0 4cyl diesel so if you know of any threads that will help me feel free to supply me with some links.

If you are intrested in seeing this buildup you can see it here. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0 make sure you have plenty of time as it is 51 pages long and you will be at it for a while.

Thanks
    Mark
    Last edited by Willy Mammoth; 31 July 2006, 04:30.
    If it don't work the way you want modify it.

welcome willy, sounds like an interesting project ill have a read when i have a few hours spare!
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Hi Willy!

Our friend has a Willys jeep and we went on the Rubicon in it last year - they are a mean piece of kit!

Welcome to the forum!

TonyN will be on later - he's a good source of engine info!
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Here is the latest pics with the new removable EXO cage.

If you haven't done so already you are welcome to check out the Marlin Crawler forum. There is lots of good info there too.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php

Cheers

Comment

Result. I knew I wasn't weird for thinking about an exo on the Surf.

That looks gorgeous. Nice piece of kit.

Comment

Done a good job there it's looking good
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

just to let you all know, this guy is possibly related to me as he is Willy Mammoth and i have a Mammoth.....

sorry! i'm soooo bored!
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

[QUOTE=MattF]Result. I knew I wasn't weird for thinking about an exo on the Surf. QUOTE]
                Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Hi Mark,
                    A couple of pointers that might help you looking for an engine; The UK spec liter 4-runner was fitted with a KZ1T (mechanical fuel pump) engine with a solid flywheel. The Jap spec KZ1TE engine in most import Surfs has a mechanical/ electronic fuel pump and a dual mass flywheel. The dual mass flywheel can be a bit of a weak point but can be repaired (I think? article on a US site but didn’t look like the bits that came out of my car), welded-up or replaced with a solid version. The manual gearbox on 3liter Surfs is the R151F I seem to remember you have a G58? I think it might be worth looking at The Australian surf web site where there is a good article on swapping from a 2.4 to a 3 liter which I THINK is effectively what you will be doing in terms of gearboxes (TonyN do you know?) . In terms of extra power have a look at this I posted a while ago;

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ght=fumigation

With your skills adding an intercooler to a 3 liter should not be a problem –I don’t have the kit to weld ally so water injection was easier but there’s nothing to say you can’t use both. Since I posted the article I’ve had it on the dyno once more and wound the gas up to get 170bhp at the wheels, unfortunately the metering system is not good enough to make it drivable in that state but I’m looking at a separate line triggered by a button for an extra kick when necessary. All apart from the last bit is at stock boost (12psi) the last run was at 15psi - the controller cuts fuel at about 16 psi by my gauge.

Matt

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I have been busy and haven't had time to check in till now. (70+ hrs this week)

Anyway, I have a G54 trans with a L52 short shaft (long story). I have been thinking about doing a swap with an automatic, but there is more research to be done first. I defantily want to go with a macanical pump and I am woundering if the pump is vacuum acuated or if the throttle cable goes to the pump and not a throttle valve like the Nissan SD22.

Are there any pictures of the KZ1T that would give me some ideas of what it looks like. There is no information here in the US about these engines.

Thanks again,
                      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Mammoth
                        Thanks for the replies, I have been busy and haven't had time to check in till now. (70+ hrs this week)

Anyway, I have a G54 trans with a L52 short shaft (long story). I have been thinking about doing a swap with an automatic, but there is more research to be done first. I defantily want to go with a macanical pump and I am woundering if the pump is vacuum acuated or if the throttle cable goes to the pump and not a throttle valve like the Nissan SD22.

Are there any pictures of the KZ1T that would give me some ideas of what it looks like. There is no information here in the US about these engines.

Thanks again,
                        Mark

If you find any info on the mech pumped 1KZT please pass it along to me,

I am looking at this engine also to replace the 3.0 V-6 in my 95 4Runner.

Apparently the UK was the only place that got the mech pumps.

Comment

Working...
                        X