3rd gen tailgate operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen tailgate operation

anyone know how the rear tailgate on a 3rd gen surf is supposed to work?the lock on mine recently popped out,before this if i turned key left it locked,right it opened.since i put it back it doesnt lock or unlock,(except when i use central locking)and now the rear window goes up n down when i use the key!touched nothing on the electrics. anyone got any gen?

My rear lock has only ever operated the rear window as far as i am aware and never locked/unlocked the rear door

Comment

On turning key, it takes few seconds before window moves, unlike 2nd gen, which moves immediately.
      Philip
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

Sounds like the link rod has fallen off the back of the barrel or the latch it self .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by bell end billy
          My rear lock has only ever operated the rear window as far as i am aware and never locked/unlocked the rear door
          It does also lock and unlock the tailgate, or supposed to at least!

Comment

it will only lock it surely? If the glass is up then the door wont open. Once the glass is down you have to manually unlock the door. When you close the door and start to wind the window up, then the door will lock itself. Well, thats the 2nd gen
            What comes around goes around!!

Comment

3rd gen is totally different. It has a lift up tailgate like an estate car, it just so happens that the glass goes up and down in the tailgate too. The glass can be in any position when opening and closing the 'gate.

Comment

rear tailgate

think it could be something to do with link rod vagrant no.2,i can hear rod movin and its still connected,could have the barrel in wrong position.have to strip it again n have another go.cheers guys

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                  On turning key, it takes few seconds before window moves, unlike 2nd gen, which moves immediately.
                  Philip
                  AHA!

I didn't know it did that - does it do it with the ignition off?
                  Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
                    AHA!

I didn't know it did that - does it do it with the ignition off?

Hope so as you would have the ignition key in the back door.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                      Hope so as you would have the ignition key in the back door.

Comment

Working...
                      X