what new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    The STi isn't that noisy. My mates is quieter than the Surf until he really leans on the gas. The new ones are a lot better mannered than the earlier ones. He's had loads, and the latest is the nicest driving of them.

The STi has an electronically adjustable centre diff too, if you feel like some rear end action (ooer missus!) or leave it in auto if you want to corner at mach 3!
    Was in an STi recently, not too noisy as you say but at 45K a year for the mileage it might be a bit too much to live with.

Just checked out the 2.5 forester. 6 seconds 0 to 60 claimed! if this is true its well worth a look.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
      Was in an STi recently, not too noisy as you say but at 45K a year for the mileage it might be a bit too much to live with.

Just checked out the 2.5 forester. 6 seconds 0 to 60 claimed! if this is true its well worth a look.
      Pretty good, but dont expect it to corner like an Impreza unless you're fond of hedges.

The ProDrive STi is just a shade over 4 secs and corners erm... dangerously quickly!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

without a doubt a used audi rs4 - all the others mentioned are mickey mouse in comparison
        Bunkle
        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Al,

You said 30k
          You said fast
          You said 'exploit the budget'.

I give you:

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/carsand...annerid=monaro

The aussies go nuts for them because they go like stink and sound hilarious. Even Clarkson said they'd make more sense with the windscreen wipers on the side windows because they tend to be facing in the direction of travel more often. Go on. Please. I would if I had someone else's 30k to p1ss up the wall. At least go for a test drive and do a wheelspin in it. It's one of those '50 things to do before you die' type things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
            without a doubt a used audi rs4 - all the others mentioned are mickey mouse in comparison
            with bunkle all the way, as clarkson said "simply the best engine ever built"
            the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

Originally posted by deegz
              with bunkle all the way, as clarkson said "simply the best engine ever built"
              It has to be new and don't forget:

"Beemers Mercs and Audis are out, as they are all for false people and a waste of a good chance to get a really decent car"

Go for the Monaro Al. Crash, die, it will be fun

Comment

Cars mentioned above are in a different league to this but i drove a Honda Civic, 2.2 diesel with the six speed box, and it went like something off a shovel. Accord tourer might be worth a look, 2.2 diesel or a 2.4 petrol, and the type-s looks hard as nails. No 4WD though.

or

Dodge Magnum srt-8, 6.1l v8, 425 horsepower, 420 lb-ft of torque. or if you're sure you want 4wd,

Magnum AWD r/t
                340-horsepower 5.7-liter HEMI® MDS
                18-inch aluminum wheels
                Leather-trimmed seats
                Electronic stability program with all-speed traction control
                276-watt, six-speaker Boston Acoustics sound system

hope the company's paying the fuel bill though!
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                  Cars mentioned above are in a different league to this but i drove a Honda Civic, 2.2 diesel with the six speed box, and it went like something off a shovel. Accord tourer might be worth a look, 2.2 diesel or a 2.4 petrol, and the type-s looks hard as nails. No 4WD though.

or

Dodge Magnum srt-8, 6.1l v8, 425 horsepower, 420 lb-ft of torque. or if you're sure you want 4wd,

Magnum AWD r/t
                  18-inch aluminum wheels
                  Leather-trimmed seats

A guy at the garage we take the works vans has one and it is a lovely looking truck.He says he gets about 25mpg around town,but the only down side he says he's always getting pulled by the cops for no reason but man does it sound good
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

or

Magnum AWD r/t
                    18-inch aluminum wheels
                    Leather-trimmed seats

Good thinking that man. I think they're the same as a Chrysler 300C, which is probably made out of tin foil and paper, but it looks like a Bentley.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                      Thanx guys. I should add that I have 2 boxer dogs so this needs to be considered. Legacy eh? Mmmmm.
                      My two boxers would fit into the back of the Surf with plenty of room to spare. Unfortunately we lost the youngest one, Dylan, due to a spinal tumour when he was not quite three years old. Barney, on the right, is now seven.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...59914247CWTIiI

Have you considered one of the fast Volvo estates (T70 I think)? The C6 Corvette has a boot (trunk) large enough to take two full sets of golf clubs/bags but probably only one boxer at a time. However, it will reach 175mph, as HUD (heads up display) and do upto 30mpg on a run!! Just a thought.

Regards
                      Brian

Comment

Dodge Magnum
                        Attached Files
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Monaro. No contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCc_a...elated&search=

Comment

Originally posted by Panrixx
                            My two boxers would fit into the back of the Surf with plenty of room to spare. Unfortunately we lost the youngest one, Dylan, due to a spinal tumour when he was not quite three years old. Barney, on the right, is now seven.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...59914247CWTIiI

Have you considered one of the fast Volvo estates (T70 I think)? The C6 Corvette has a boot (trunk) large enough to take two full sets of golf clubs/bags but probably only one boxer at a time. However, it will reach 175mph, as HUD (heads up display) and do upto 30mpg on a run!! Just a thought.

Regards
                            Sorry to hear about the young Dylan. Boxers do get a bum deal with lumps and tumors it seems. Ours have plenty of scars where things have been removed.

Thanx for suggestions.

Comment

Dodge Magnum

Nice, Saw these recently outside JCT in Rawden. Will take a look.

Thanx to all for ideas, now even more undecided as the choice opens up so much.

Comment

dont know the price but drove the passat TD 185 BHP and that was nice
                                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                                Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X