Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Started Using Bio Fuel

Hi

On Saterday I just filled up with Bio Fuel after a couple of half tank trials. When I first bought it is informed that it was bio diesel but I could smell vegy oil when it was running. I asked on Saturday for a fuel specification and was informed that it was a blend manufactured by a company in Widnes to the British Standard. This was a suprise to me as I did not think that there was a BS covering this, but the normal standard used was the EN (european) Stndard - am I right.

What I have noticed about it so far is that when I boot it it does not give the usual diesel could behind but I do have a sooty tail pipe. I also seem to slightly down on power, seems slightly less responsive, but the initial inpression is that I'm getting slightly better mpg - will be checking out over the next couple of tank fulls.

For those of you already running on bio diesel bio diesel blend how does this stack up with your experiences?

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

As it would appear that you are are running with the full bio fuel performace etc would depend on the original oil used and the treatment of it.

We have heard of a few guys who have bought bio and found that the fats hadn't been removed (NOT that we are saying the same applies to what you are using)

Keep your receipts in case of a spot check - if you have the receipt then the onus on paying the duty falls back to the supplier - YOU covered

Be prepared to mix it with deisel come the cold of winter, in the meantime wear the smug grin of a green surfer

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UKWolf
      Hi

On Saterday I just filled up with Bio Fuel after a couple of half tank trials. When I first bought it is informed that it was bio diesel but I could smell vegy oil when it was running. I asked on Saturday for a fuel specification and was informed that it was a blend manufactured by a company in Widnes to the British Standard. This was a suprise to me as I did not think that there was a BS covering this, but the normal standard used was the EN (european) Stndard - am I right.

What I have noticed about it so far is that when I boot it it does not give the usual diesel could behind but I do have a sooty tail pipe. I also seem to slightly down on power, seems slightly less responsive, but the initial inpression is that I'm getting slightly better mpg - will be checking out over the next couple of tank fulls.

For those of you already running on bio diesel bio diesel blend how does this stack up with your experiences?

I would guess your using the stuff for 79.9p a litre from that place down Prescot road near the old abbatoir? I reckon it's actually slightly less cost effective as the truck is deffo down on power and 10 to 20% down on mpg dependng on how you drive. Still, you do get that holier than thou feeling when using it

Where about are you scouse?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hi

I would guess your using the stuff for 79.9p a litre from that place down Prescot road near the old abbatoir? I reckon it's actually slightly less cost effective as the truck is deffo down on power and 10 to 20% down on mpg dependng on how you drive. Still, you do get that holier than thou feeling when using it

Comment

Hi

Comment

what the...? I only replied once!

Comment

terrible stutter apache
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Isn't that what happend to you just before the forum keeled over last time Joker?

Comment

errrrrrrmmmm maybe nah it was the cat jumped on the keyboard yea honest gotta go bye
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

No - It's from the place thats just opened on Sandy Road in Seaforth - I live in Crosby [I did until a couple of years ago live very close to the place you are refering to - anyway how does a guy from Worcester know Liverpool that well?]

But is the smug grin of a Green Surfer this one UDTrev.

This was what I had intended to do 2 years ago when I got the truck - in fact I was going to make my own, and still might, as I'm not confident in what (some) of these people are actually selling. There is definately a bit of a "chip shop" smell that seems come from it and the guy who runs the outlet did say that the company that manufactures it use oil from all sources.

I'll get back on mpg when I have some figures but it does seem slightly better.
                    [SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

No - It's from the place thats just opened on Sandy Road in Seaforth - I live in Crosby [I did until a couple of years ago live very close to the place you are refering to - anyway how does a guy from Worcester know Liverpool that well?]

But is the smug grin of a Green Surfer this one UDTrev.

This was what I had intended to do 2 years ago when I got the truck - in fact I was going to make my own, and still might, as I'm not confident in what (some) of these people are actually selling. There is definately a bit of a "chip shop" smell that seems come from it and the guy who runs the outlet did say that the company that manufactures it use oil from all sources.

I'll get back on mpg when I have some figures but it does seem slightly better.
                      Originally from Huyton, Mrs is from Anfield, and we still go back visiting family.

Sounds like the stuff you're buying is from the same place (widnes) as the stuff you can buy in Prescot road. It is recovered veg oil, and there is nothing really wrong with that as long as its produced properly. Tell you something, it smells a hell of a lot better than fresh veggie - that REALLY stinks orrible!

How much is the guy in Seaforth charging? (I used to know a girl in Crosby, so know the area reasonably well)

Comment

79.9p / ltr

It would seem that from talking to the guy that the crew at Widnes are renting the tanks & pumps from places that have closed but still have the stuff in place.

I wouldn't mind setting up a place to manufacture and sell bio diesel, but the capital required for a fully set up business is well beyond what I can get

One coulds alway be hopefull of a big enough lottery win

Comment

Working...
                        X