Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyres

hi peeps

just wanting to pick ya brains on tyres for my surf!

it has yokohama geolander a/t tyres on at the moment and they seem ok to me ,but then again i have just upgraded from a mk 1 trooper and its hard as you can imagine to make a comparison between two very different vehichles indeed.

thanks in advance .................kev.......... .
    surfs up (in sales anyway)

Originally posted by kev n sam
    hi peeps

just wanting to pick ya brains on tyres for my surf!

it has yokohama geolander a/t tyres on at the moment and they seem ok to me ,but then again i have just upgraded from a mk 1 trooper and its hard as you can imagine to make a comparison between two very different vehichles indeed.

thanks in advance .................kev.......... .
    dont know about the tyres , but have got mk 1 trooper (petrol)
    as well as my surf lol talk about differences lol
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Depends what you want em for, if you're after m/t s, i started a thread on this the other day. see here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24677

These are more than likely going to be a second set of tyres for me with colway or kumho a/ts as my general use tyre.

Hope this helps.

If the tyres that are on there are still in good condition i'd leave em on and see how you get on. Yokohama have a very good reputation for road and trackday tyres, but i couldn't tell you what their 4x4 tyres are like. I'm sure someone will though.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
        dont know about the tyres , but have got mk 1 trooper (petrol)
        as well as my surf lol talk about differences lol
        pmsl@ joker yes fella the difference is astounding!!

must say though my trooper( 2.6 petrol) never let me down once..............until that is i p xed it for my surf and after driving only a mile up the road the dealer phones me moby and says" wheres the immobiliser on the trooper?"

to which i replied in astonishment " would you wanna nick a mk1 trooper"

turns out the starter motor packed up on that same day so i was more than lucky

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
          Depends what you want em for, if you're after m/t s, i started a thread on this the other day. see here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24677

These are more than likely going to be a second set of tyres for me with colway or kumho a/ts as my general use tyre.

Hope this helps.

If the tyres that are on there are still in good condition i'd leave em on and see how you get on. Yokohama have a very good reputation for road and trackday tyres, but i couldn't tell you what their 4x4 tyres are like. I'm sure someone will though.
          thanks for the advice nero

Comment

yoko

i put a new set of geolanders on my surf and wow sticks to the road like you know wot . but there a very soft compound and wear very quickly . and now i need new tyres . so no geolanders for me this time
            black n tan
            black n tan
            yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Working...
            X