Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Woes HELP !

hello all ,

Sorry not been on for a while , the 6th month old son is taking quite alot of my time right now.. Anyway

Booked in to go to the Pit on Sunday , and Bringing my Parents for a day out ! ( my Dad should be the oldest 4x4er there at 70+ ) but he's cool !

I digress , so with the pit in mind I took my Surf into a muddy field , what a pile of cack ! couldn't keep the thing straight , slipping everywhere, so got out quick before I got stuck and checked the tyres , they are Yoko Geolanders and they say M+S ( assume Mud and Snow), But they are pretty worn, is this going to be too dangerous at the pit ?

I don't have much money after xmas , so changing all 4 is out of the question , unless anyone's got some cheap ? or to lend ?

Any Ideas warmly welcomed !?!?

Thanks You lot ... hopefully see you all on Sunday.

SparX
    http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Originally posted by SparX
    hello all ,

Sorry not been on for a while , the 6th month old son is taking quite alot of my time right now.. Anyway

Booked in to go to the Pit on Sunday , and Bringing my Parents for a day out ! ( my Dad should be the oldest 4x4er there at 70+ ) but he's cool !

I digress , so with the pit in mind I took my Surf into a muddy field , what a pile of cack ! couldn't keep the thing straight , slipping everywhere, so got out quick before I got stuck and checked the tyres , they are Yoko Geolanders and they say M+S ( assume Mud and Snow), But they are pretty worn, is this going to be too dangerous at the pit ?

I don't have much money after xmas , so changing all 4 is out of the question , unless anyone's got some cheap ? or to lend ?

SparX
    You should be able to do a fair bit of the pit with these tyres, theres a fair few who have only had road biased tyres on and done OK. It won't be dangerous as long as your careful and don't push it to far and for the bits of the pit you can't do jump in and get a lift round.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by SparX
      hello all ,

SparX
      SparX.

They aren't going to be much cop on the really tuff stuff at the pit but there is plenty of fun to be had on the easier runs (which will still be fun due to the Mud). So go for it. The Geolander M&S is basically a road bias tyre so it is never going to be much good on wet grass and really deep mud. I've done some of the easier stuff at the pit on my tyres which are Bridgestone Road bias Tyres (M&S as well). I wouldn't take my Surf on the really hairy stuff anyway as I still have to use it as an everyday car for work.

Cheers

Comment

okay guys .. just looks like the green routes for me !

Had a suggestion from a monkey at work.... Superglue strips of rubber to the tyres ! now thees a thought !!!!

Just ringing around to see if I can pick up some Cheap AT's !

See you sunday , with , or without tyres !

#Cheers
        http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Just a thought on changing types of tyres I have been told that you can do damage to the running gear if you mix the type of tyres you use. I appeciate that legally they have to be the same on each axle.

I purchased two new front boots in the summer (AT's) so I dont want to Bin them yet! and my rear ones will shortly need replacing and I would like to get MT's but I will not be able to afford all 4, If I decide to change how would you suggest I go about it.

Thanks Gang

paul
          DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
            Just a thought on changing types of tyres I have been told that you can do damage to the running gear if you mix the type of tyres you use. I appeciate that legally they have to be the same on each axle.

I purchased two new front boots in the summer (AT's) so I dont want to Bin them yet! and my rear ones will shortly need replacing and I would like to get MT's but I will not be able to afford all 4, If I decide to change how would you suggest I go about it.

Thanks Gang

paul
            Pick up a set of steel rims on ebay then put your mt's on them just do swapsies for off road

Keith
            I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Thanks Gang

paul
              Get a spare set of rims & have 2 sets , M/T for off-road jaunts & use your A/T the rest of the time.
              Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

had tyres similar to yours last time at the pit and there was only one bit that i had trouble.... but that was a big wide section and i just slid sideways so nothing really to worry about.
                just spin the wheels anddig up the mud... you're bound to find a dry bit eventually!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thanks Gang

paul
                  Flog the 2 A/T's and get 4 M/T's?????
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X