Sand Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand Trap

Took the Surf out for a jolly this morning, dropped into see Sumo (thanks for the chat and the cuppa), then went to the local Sunday market at Felixstowe. No places to park on the roads, so I went to the over flow type car park which is just a grassy sandy bit of ground. That seemed full too, bugger!

But there were some spaces right at the front near the sea wall. The reason for this was there were patches of very deep soft sand. OK I thought go through it steady like.... rear dug in.... bugger I'm stuck! Hang on I've got a 4x4 - Doh!

Hit the button and away we go

On the way out a small front wheel drive was not so lucky, it was right down to the sub frame with four pensioners trying to dig it out using hands and the front floor mats.

They asked if I could help ... dug out a rope went through the sand and hooked up to them. Low range, 4 wheel drive and they were out and now very happy. Forced a £5 on me for a drink and I went home with a warm fuzzy feeling inside after doing my good deed for the day.

So that was my first use of the low range/4x4 in anger

Hopefully I used all the bits correctly, must buy a rope and some 'D' shackles for future use, I bet I could have sat there all morning pulling people out for a fiver a time!
    Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Well done . I hope Sumo had his teeth in now they have been returned to him . <
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Wait till you come down to the plain on one of Danno's meets its normal to rescue himfor getting stuck in .....And the last two meets me too

MUD IS FUN
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
        Wait till you come down to the plain on one of Danno's meets its normal to rescue himfor getting stuck in .....And the last two meets me too

MUD IS FUN
        and heres the proof from the last trip
        Last edited by stormforce; 12 October 2008, 21:24.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thank Richard
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
          X