deposit on surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deposit on surf

i have just paid a deposit on a 1994 2.4td ssrx with 59000 on the clock and i have read things about the overheating and head problems and i am wondering if i should go ahead with the purchase what does anybody think and how common is the problem
    cheers andy

Originally posted by drew13
    i have just paid a deposit on a 1994 2.4td ssrx with 59000 on the clock and i have read things about the overheating and head problems and i am wondering if i should go ahead with the purchase what does anybody think and how common is the problem
    cheers andy
    hi and welcome Andy.The later 2.4's had the new design heads so they should be ok.If your not too sure ask the dealer if the head has been done and make sure your warrenty covers it just to be on the safe side and that you get any paper work to prove its done.I had a93 2.4 for 2 yrs and never had a problem with it.Just hope you haven't paid over the top for it as you can get them really cheap now anyway.
    As long as your happy with it then go for it and don't forget to post some pics when you get it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

hi richard i won the surf on ebay for 3000 its black over silver and looks imaculate. i asked the guy about the head and stuff and he said that its never been towed and most problems stem from that. i also brought it sold as seen but the guy sounds really genuine. do you think i paid over the top? i will post pics as soon as i get it
      cheers
      andy

Comment

Originally posted by drew13
        hi richard i won the surf on ebay for 3000 its black over silver and looks imaculate. i asked the guy about the head and stuff and he said that its never been towed and most problems stem from that. i also brought it sold as seen but the guy sounds really genuine. do you think i paid over the top? i will post pics as soon as i get it
        cheers
        andy
        Towing has nothing to do with the problem it is more a luck of the draw on this, a survey was run on here a while a go and it was about 50% that ever needed the head doing, so it was not very conclusive. It was also thought that when the vehicles first arrived in the uk that the cooling system was flushed and a good antifreeze/ summer coolant was put in the system.

It might be worth posting a link to the e-bay auction and we can get some more info but just for your reference I have my 3ltr advertised on ere at £4500 but I am expecting to come down a bit and we all appreciate that the bottom has fallen out of the market for surfs. (contact me if you are interested you may be surprised at what i may say!!)

Paul
        Last edited by Dunno; 23 July 2006, 12:11.
        DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
          Towing has nothing to do with the problem it is more a luck of the draw on this, a survey was run on here a while a go and it was about 50% that ever needed the head doing, so it was not very conclusive. It was also thought that when the vehicles first arrived in the uk that the cooling system was flushed and a good antifreeze/ summer coolant was put in the system.

It might be worth posting a link to the e-bay auction and we can get some more info but just for your reference I have my 3ltr advertised on ere at £4500 but I am expecting to come down a bit and we all appreciate that the bottom has fallen out of the market for surfs. (contact me if you are interested you may be surprised at what i may say!!)

Paul

Has the bottom fallen out of the market? When did this happen, Seriously, I would like to know.

Al.
          I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
            Has the bottom fallen out of the market? When did this happen, Seriously, I would like to know.

Al.
            About 10 minutes after I bought mine.

B0llocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
              About 10 minutes after I bought mine.

B0llocks.

I don't care, I'm keeping mine forever!

Comment

So Am I Vince

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                I don't care, I'm keeping mine forever!
                Me too vince i cant afford to get rid of it its cost me too much money . Its just going in for its second gearbox and its just had a new engine and then Dr anglegrinder is going to get his hands on it in Oct for a full service and MOT I am hoping after that to be able to drive it more than 10 miles without it going bang . but am i bovvered NAH i would only spend the money on frivolous things like food .

I will be buried in my surf because im taking it wiv me lol

Maurice

You dont have to be mad to own a surf just cerifyable .

Comment

Working...
                X