The end is nigh......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end is nigh......

Got the call today off Tonyn and the trucks ready. Only 1 week till spain and a 3000 mile roundtrip.
    However he suspects a possible cracked head! How could it get worse than that!
    Should be ok if i keep it topped up, i hope.....
    Kite Surf

Rather you than me,, 300 mile trip with a suspect head!!!!!!!! I $hit myself going to portsmouth,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

3000 ian rather him than me!!!!
      surfstar dont do it
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
        3000 ian rather him than me!!!!
        surfstar dont do it
        Got to go for it, been planning this trip for 2 years and bought the surf for the holiday!
        Kite Surf

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
          Got to go for it, been planning this trip for 2 years and bought the surf for the holiday!
          I hope you've got European breakdown cover. Mine went in deepest France and once it's spat and you've hit the red it'll only go about 50 miles before it goes again.

Britannia Rescue are cheap and good for Europe.

You have balls of solid steel my friend. Lock your fan, keep at least ten litres or water in the truck with you the whole time and cross your fingers I guess.

I'd offer you mine to borrow, but it doesn't have such big wheels and would probably go pop again anyway....

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            I hope you've got European breakdown cover. Mine went in deepest France and once it's spat and you've hit the red it'll only go about 50 miles before it goes again.

Britannia Rescue are cheap and good for Europe.

You have balls of solid steel my friend. Lock your fan, keep at least ten litres or water in the truck with you the whole time and cross your fingers I guess.

I'd offer you mine to borrow, but it doesn't have such big wheels and would probably go pop again anyway....

Good luck.
            I wrekon i will be fine, tony has a bottle of head weld like rad weld that should hold it off for a while anyway. I will be keeping the forum updated with my progress
            Kite Surf

Comment

Kite Surf

Comment

good luck then chris
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                  I $hit myself going to portsmouth,

So would I ,

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
                    So would I ,

Andy.

Comment

Good luck it sounds like you might need it anyway enjoy the trip
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

a bottle of radweld for emergency??

or an egg??
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I took my 2.4 to Malta last year got hot in italy, stopped and let it cool down topped it up and off we went again but made a point of stopping every couple of hundred miles, had a coffee let it cool down topped it up and away again.
                          Got me to Malta and back plus another 3 months in the uk before it got more frequent overheating, then had to do it.
                          So my advice is stop and check coolant level frequently and if temp guage starts to rise at all stop and top up,(take plenty of water with you cos they always start to overheat in the middle of nowhere.
                          If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
                            if tony says could be gone, could it be done before you set sail?? if you been planning 2 years dont risk getting tugged home from other side of the channel buddy.
                            as clint eastwood said did i fire 5 or 6 go ahead make my day
                            i hope your trip goes (excuse the pun.) without a Bang and you report back with fabbo pics of a great holiday
                            Enjoying Life after Cancer
                            Pops

Comment

Sound advice all round-will keep you posted
                              Kite Surf

Comment

Working...
                              X