Generator Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generator Advice

Can anyone help with advice on a camping generator.

I am looking to get something that I can use on ordinary camp sites and give home backup to fridge freezer, so nothing too powerful, but as quiet as possible.

Everything says the Honda suitcase generators, specifically the EU10i is the best, but at that price it should be! I have found references to the Kipor Sinemaster, that I have heard is honda powered, nearly as quiet, but less than half the price....

It seems too good to be true, can anyone let me know if the Kipor is a good deal, or if there is something out there I haven't found.

Many thanks

Frog-n-Flymo

It's alright, you can borrow mine if you want!

It's got pleanty of juice and gives 22Kw, but only 110 volts DC, but you can drop that to 12V if need be
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dawson

It's got pleanty of juice and gives 22Kw, but only 110 volts DC, but you can drop that to 12V if need be
      What are you waiting for, the next war to break out! With a geni like that. Are you one of those people who reads a Argos book and thinks what would be usefull if life as we know it stops?
      i like it muddy!

Comment

A small tip to using these cheap genies on delicate electrical appliancies like laptops is to use some form of smoothing like a UPS or a mains conditioner. This takes the spikes which part of the sine wave of AC mains and gives the appliance something more tolerable.. A mains spike can get to some where near 700volts....

If you intend to use a genie on a fridge make sure it is more than capable a good rule to think of is double what you need so if it requires 1kva use 2 that way the genie will not be labouring all the time ....

I have a 2Kva frame genie with a Briggs and Stratton 4hp engine if anybody is looking for a genie this one will give out 12 and 24v but will need the terminals replacing as the numpty who had it before me used jump leads to charge a battery....otherwise its a good genie.
        Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

and don't expect 2 small generators to run, catering, lights, toilets AND disco at your wedding!

EH, TONY!!
          hehehe!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dawson

You lucky sod. That's lovely.

Comment

Andy,

Thanks for the offer of the loan, I'll certainly bear it in ming next time I need to jump start a 747 I'll know where to come!

Geoff

Comment

Working...
              X