yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What EXACTLY is changed during the recall??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What EXACTLY is changed during the recall??

Sorry to ask a dumbass question, but i've looked at the threads and can't quite figure out what is changed during the recall.

reason i ask is that mine is being done on monday, but i failed the MOT yesterday on steering idlers. I don't really wanna pay for the garage to get new ones and fit them if toyota are just gonna take them off and fit some more on monday.

cheers and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere and i've missed the obvious.

Mart
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Originally posted by B16mts
    Sorry to ask a dumbass question, but i've looked at the threads and can't quite figure out what is changed during the recall.

reason i ask is that mine is being done on monday, but i failed the MOT yesterday on steering idlers. I don't really wanna pay for the garage to get new ones and fit them if toyota are just gonna take them off and fit some more on monday.

cheers and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere and i've missed the obvious.

Mart
    if you look under the motor at the back of the bash plate and above it right behind the steeering damper you will see it,it is the part the inner trackrod ends are bolted to
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Mart
      As far as I am aware the Steering Relay Rod is replaced under the recall
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Taliesins; 20 July 2006, 11:19.
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen,

Therefore nothing to do with the bits being replaced tomorrow, so thats ok.

cheers for the swift response. fingers crossed for the bottle of bubbly, diesel, quick wash and safety check (got a feeling non of it will happen though!)

Mart
        Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Thank you gentlemen,

Therefore nothing to do with the bits being replaced tomorrow, so thats ok.

cheers for the swift response. fingers crossed for the bottle of bubbly, diesel, quick wash and safety check (got a feeling non of it will happen though!)

Mart
          shouldn't bank on it.Also check before and after for any damage as the dealers here split the inner trackrod rubbers on mine and forgot to bolt the bash plate on properly.They agreed to repair it but refusing to pay for the fuel for the 23 mile trip to get the surf to them and then 23 mile back home again.They said £10 of fuel that was given for the recall should be enough but i said yea for the recall but not for the damage they done or for me to take time off of work and do another 46mile round trip.its now in the hands of Toyota U.K to see what they come with as i am now refusing to take the surf back to them to do the repair or more damage
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
          X