rear springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear springs

I read on here that some people are puting landcruiser rear springs on there surfs, can anyone tell me if this gives any lift compared to normal springs and what model landcruiser springs am I looking for
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Originally posted by gary16163
    I read on here that some people are puting landcruiser rear springs on there surfs, can anyone tell me if this gives any lift compared to normal springs and what model landcruiser springs am I looking for
    Bushwacker has done it and swears by them
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

bump

Comment

Landcruiser HD J80 springs from Milners, £44 plus tax and delivery.
        They'll raise the rear end by three inches and keep it there!

The same as 'Lucky's Landcruiser. (see members rigs)

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

Ok so landcruiser springs will lift the back by 3" , does that mean i need to put drop brackets for the panard rod etc,also am I right by thinking that I will not be able to lift the front suspension to equal as it can only be lifted on the bolts by 2".
            Is there another solution ie 20% stronger springs from milners + 2" spring spacers or the 2" longer springs from roughtrax but I've read on here that some people think they are c**p and after a short time begin to sag.
            Honest opinions please!!!

Comment

Danno and Jotto have some spring spacers to give a lift .Check Dannos profile for the link to his site to buy some .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

All coils sag after a bit, but Procomp are far better than the Milners springs IMHO, try LA Supertrux's coils for an alternative source.

You can only lift the front by 1 1/2" before the CV's start to wear rapidly, fitting Manual hubs lets you go a little more, but you'll need uprated torsion bars to make it handle properly.

You don't need to lift the front as far as the back, Surfs look nice with 2" on the rear and the front stock.

3" will mean the panhard rod isn't long enough by quite a bit, you can get away with leaving it for 2" in reality, make a drop braket but cut/sleeve and reweld the panhard is the easiest solution, or if you want an adjustable one I can supply one on a exchange basis with your old bar. But need a couple of days notice to sort one out as they are all gone ATM.

Ok so landcruiser springs will lift the back by 3" , does that mean i need to put drop brackets for the panard rod etc,also am I right by thinking that I will not be able to lift the front suspension to equal as it can only be lifted on the bolts by 2".
                Is there another solution ie 20% stronger springs from milners + 2" spring spacers or the 2" longer springs from roughtrax but I've read on here that some people think they are c**p and after a short time begin to sag.
                Honest opinions please!!!
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I bought roughtrax springs and the back has come up by 3", however my old springs were absolutely shot and had quite possibly dropped by an inch or 2. The back now looks to be about 1 1/2" to 2" higher than the front.

The From what i have read on here the standard torsion bars can be lifted 1 - 1.1/2" roughtrax i think are selling uprated torsion bars, but i don't know what kind of lift they will give.

I know nothing about the l/c springs, other than that they are for an lc80 and a few people on here have fitted them. As someone said earlier they give about 3" lift over standard. from what i understand they also give a very firm ride.

You would need to install a panhard rod drop bracket, and do something with the load sensing valve.

Other options--

2" spacers - they will lift the back but not improve the handling, ie) if the springs are already shot they're still gonna be shot.

Milners H/D springs - will give you a firmer ride with no lift & stop the baackend sagging a bit when loaded.

Together you will obviously get the advantages of both.

Someone here on the forum makes & sells the spacers, i have a feeling it was either jotto or danno but i can't remember which one......
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Cheers Tony
                    Can you tell me the web site for the LA Supertrux coils please
                    If not I think I may go for the milners 20% stronger + spacers and leave the front as it is

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      All coils sag after a bit, but Procomp are far better than the Milners springs IMHO, try LA Supertrux's coils for an alternative source.

You can only lift the front by 1 1/2" before the CV's start to wear rapidly, fitting Manual hubs lets you go a little more, but you'll need uprated torsion bars to make it handle properly.

You don't need to lift the front as far as the back, Surfs look nice with 2" on the rear and the front stock.

3" will mean the panhard rod isn't long enough by quite a bit, you can get away with leaving it for 2" in reality, make a drop braket but cut/sleeve and reweld the panhard is the easiest solution, or if you want an adjustable one I can supply one on a exchange basis with your old bar. But need a couple of days notice to sort one out as they are all gone ATM.

Tony, is it possible to lift the front by 3" economically? I'd like the 3" lift, but would like the truck level, or at least levelish and dont fancy the idea of annual CV replacement!

What would it cost (ballpark) for you to fit, say, LC springs / Procomp 3000's and lengthened panhard for the back, and a similar height lift with suitable shocks on the front?

I did try to PM you, but you seem to be famous for having a full inbox and trying to PM you confimed this! PM me with rough idea of cost when you get a chance? Cheers!
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Cheers Tony
                        Can you tell me the web site for the LA Supertrux coils please
                        If not I think I may go for the milners 20% stronger + spacers and leave the front as it is

http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Coils.html

(Note that lift coils and Heavy duty coils are the same for Surfs.)

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          Tony, is it possible to lift the front by 3" economically? I'd like the 3" lift, but would like the truck level, or at least levelish and dont fancy the idea of annual CV replacement!

What would it cost (ballpark) for you to fit, say, LC springs / Procomp 3000's and lengthened panhard for the back, and a similar height lift with suitable shocks on the front?

I did try to PM you, but you seem to be famous for having a full inbox and trying to PM you confimed this! PM me with rough idea of cost when you get a chance? Cheers!
                          I'll work it out later and let you know.

You can get diff drop brackets for the front, to help with CV angles. Heavy duty torsion bars will get to near 3" and still feel OK, then 1" drop brackets will get the CV's a bit more sensible. I'd still recommend manual hubs if you afford them though.

Comment

Tonyn

how much do you charge for making an adjustable panhard rod as i am thinking of having the l/c springs on mine
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              I'll work it out later and let you know.

You can get diff drop brackets for the front, to help with CV angles. Heavy duty torsion bars will get to near 3" and still feel OK, then 1" drop brackets will get the CV's a bit more sensible. I'd still recommend manual hubs if you afford them though.

where is the best place to get the diff drop brackets please Tony and the extended brake hoses if they are needed?
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X