Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by popbriscoe
    sometimes on dark nites.
    but towbar compensates. or if not wet and cold rear window down.
    only coz i blind git!!!
    Coz you is a blind OLD git.

Comment

Cheers for the ebay link but I have tried tinting myself before and didn't like it much... peeled off to much.... probably me but

Nice idea bout the rear window down.... my switch in the cab is broke for the rear window at the moment so it only does down not up, but i'm getting a new one off chris which hopefully will sort that out.... I use my spare wheel as a bump stop mostly
      2 Tone Mud Master!
      http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
        Coz you is a blind OLD git.
        DONT KNOCK IT M8

YOU WILL BE ONE DAY TOO
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

andy does front mean just windscreen or
          include front doors?
          Front doors. I think that the windscreen is not allowed to be tinted at all.

Cheers

Comment

Theres a place local to me where my brother had his windows done. They carged around £60 per window (depending on size of course) and for that they took the glass out and removed the old tint which the last owner had put in (whilst wearing mittens) then applied the new stuff and refitted the glass. Very good job and puts my Surf to shame as mine was done with the glass in place and from the inside you can see where the tint film has been cut to shape, although this was done proffesionaly. Removing the glass is definately the way to go.
            [COLOR=red]Cheers, Darren.

POLITITIANS AND NAPPIES:-
            THEY BOTH NEED CHANGING FOR THE SAME REASON![/COLOR]

Comment

nice!!!
              did it cost much to ship her home?
              worth it tho!!! there beautiful motors hey

Nope, £600 notes for the boat, £50 for customs clearance, £250 for SVA and another coupe of hundred for mods and such, about a grand in total.

Comment

Originally posted by carbonman
                U guys with the rears fully tinted... do you have any problems reversing etc... or you find it ok?

Not me. but then I use the wing mirrors anyways, can't judge the back looking from inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan
                  Not me. but then I use the wing mirrors anyways, can't judge the back looking from inside.
                  allways know i back far enough when i hear that little THUD
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

try auto tint for the windows... they take them all out and do a proper job... at the end they'll give you a certificate to show it's legal.

costs about £240
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
                      well im pretty sure your windows have to let in 70 percent light but apparently no one has the meters to test this police etc but i suppose if you had an accident one would soon appear lol i have the back passenger windows and the back in limo black and the fronts a nice tint it looks good and i informed direct line and they said its ok and they put it on my policy as for cost my m8 had a real nice job done on his volvo v70 estate all round black 250 quid where are you in essex mark
                      I'm pretty sure someone on this forum had trouble with Direct Line and window tints. in fact I think they said they refused to insure them with the tints even though they were only on rear passenger windows and back?
                      I'm Interested cos I'm insured with Direct Line and i told them nothing had been fitted apart from toyota accessories( how do you know where the tints have been done in Japan?) Mine are tinted fairly heavily from rear pass windows back but it looks a very pro job! i suppose it could be a dealer option!
                      www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Originally posted by europa88
                        I'm pretty sure someone on this forum had trouble with Direct Line and window tints. in fact I think they said they refused to insure them with the tints even though they were only on rear passenger windows and back?
                        I'm Interested cos I'm insured with Direct Line and i told them nothing had been fitted apart from toyota accessories( how do you know where the tints have been done in Japan?) Mine are tinted fairly heavily from rear pass windows back but it looks a very pro job! i suppose it could be a dealer option!
                        if it was SVA'd with the tints then it must count as being approved by the ministry of transport.

tell them it's got security film on the windows... see what they say then!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

yeah it was Sva'd with the tints! that's got to count for something!
                          www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan
                            My Surf has black glass, tiinted by Toyota when I ordered it. Even in Japan they won't tint the driver, front passenger or main windscreen though. Therefore I am only tinted around the back half, see pic.
                            I might be a bit late with this comment It's all to do with saftey, Apparently, bikers can't wear tinted visors either. to do with view of the road and everything on it
                            [SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=darkorange]The chickens are stealing my sanity[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

direct line

europa im insured with direct line when i changed to the surf they said sorry cant insure you so i demanded to speak to a manager. said how about a van cant see outta back of that mmmm he said lol i drive artic all day cant see outta back of that mmmm he said i told him about our forum i said il go somewhere else oh no he said ok weel put it on your policy free of charge . so there ya go have a word with them if you get nowhere you can quote my name and il give ya my policy number m8 mark
                              black n tan
                              black n tan
                              yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
                                europa im insured with direct line when i changed to the surf they said sorry cant insure you so i demanded to speak to a manager. said how about a van cant see outta back of that mmmm he said lol i drive artic all day cant see outta back of that mmmm he said i told him about our forum i said il go somewhere else oh no he said ok weel put it on your policy free of charge . so there ya go have a word with them if you get nowhere you can quote my name and il give ya my policy number m8 mark
                                Just goes to show that these Insurance Jerks just make up the rules as they go along. If you take what they say is gospel first time up then you are liable to get well stitched up.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X