disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me Me

I got my clear back, side and front lights from Tony, who also fitted them and they are perfect.
    I am selling these along with rest of car shortly.
    Rgds Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Comment

missus phoned roughtrax this morning and was put through to barry ,
      she explained what was wrong with the parts,
      on every explanation she got " we never get no complaints from customers or all our products are top quality "
      anyway then he comes out with companies usually charge (ithink he told my missus 20%)for returned goods , i think he will find they are faulty goods returned he wants a letter put in the returns explaining why i dont want hes cr@p, ihave to pay £15 to return it
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I'd speak to him yourself Dave, Explain exactly what's worng and you would like a refund, also tell him your on this forum not so much as a threat but a couple of others have had faulty stuff, like Bob's rear light gards going rusty after a couple of weeks and me, two of the six spotlights reflectors have rusted, If hes selling duff gear he got to refund you money, good luck mate
        ian
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
          I'd speak to him yourself Dave, Explain exactly what's worng and you would like a refund, also tell him your on this forum not so much as a threat but a couple of others have had faulty stuff, like Bob's rear light gards going rusty after a couple of weeks and me, two of the six spotlights reflectors have rusted, If hes selling duff gear he got to refund you money, good luck mate
          ian
          how can the light guards rust there meant to be chromed stainless steel ?????
          roughtrax must have mispelt steal
          oh my god the other half was looking at the spots lol
          no sale of steering wheel or spots for roughtrax lol
          ps was going for the wheel you liked or one before

Comment

Yeah there a nice wheel arnt they, you may be ok with a Momo steering wheel though as momo have a good name and roughtrax can hardly f**k them up, Stainless steel my a**e, if they were stainless there's no need to chrome em, just polish the stainless, Those one's they do are prob made in china out of mild steel, not polished properly and not copper plated before being chromed, thats why they rust so quickly, My spots were prob my own fault as i fitted the two bottom ones upside down and did'nt drill a small hole in to let the water out, however it was only a few days that the water was in there and they went rusty in that time, i should have bull$$$$ed them and got replacements, bit late now, Ian
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Roughtrax are normally really good, personally I don't go anywhere else for most spares. And I get through A LOT OF STUFF every week!

I have never found chrome that will stay on any aftermarket parts, light guards, spots, etc unless you polish them weekly, especially in the winter, even expensive stuff, let along cheaper ones. Go stainless or go rusty!

Never tried the rear light guards, but not had any issues with about 8 sets of clear rear lights I've sold, which all come from Roughtrax originally. The two bolts are tight fit if you don't get the captive nut lined up on the lights properly, and once I just used slightly longer bolt than the Toy original ones to make life easier, but never been hard. And they are a lot better than the old clear Lexus style lights that are kicking around on ebay. I've swapped 2 sets for our clear lights after the bulb holders melted. Never seen a side repeater with a chip out of it, apart from a set I tried to get out again after putting them in the wrong way round!

Lets face it, they arn't going to be as good a fit as original ones what ever you buy.

As for the springs, no 2" spring really measures 2", look to be getting 1-1 1/2" at most after they've settled, and if you overload them don't be suprised if they don't return to their original length, its just not going to happen.

Everyone has a bad day, no one like someone ringing up and saying all their stuff is rubbish, Try the light guards on another truck, make sure its not your truck, then can they definatly can go back for Barry to have a look at. Try to stay objective, if the guard is a little loose, try a strip of tape along each tab, it'll be no problem, I've not seen anyone else posting theirs are rubbish, and a few people on here have fitted them. If its going to fall off then its no good.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Roughtrax are normally really good, personally I don't go anywhere else for most spares. And I get through A LOT OF STUFF every week!

I have never found chrome that will stay on any aftermarket parts, light guards, spots, etc unless you polish them weekly, especially in the winter, even expensive stuff, let along cheaper ones. Go stainless or go rusty!

Never tried the rear light guards, but not had any issues with about 8 sets of clear rear lights I've sold, which all come from Roughtrax originally. The two bolts are tight fit if you don't get the captive nut lined up on the lights properly, and once I just used slightly longer bolt than the Toy original ones to make life easier, but never been hard. And they are a lot better than the old clear Lexus style lights that are kicking around on ebay. I've swapped 2 sets for our clear lights after the bulb holders melted. Never seen a side repeater with a chip out of it, apart from a set I tried to get out again after putting them in the wrong way round!

Lets face it, they arn't going to be as good a fit as original ones what ever you buy.

As for the springs, no 2" spring really measures 2", look to be getting 1-1 1/2" at most after they've settled, and if you overload them don't be suprised if they don't return to their original length, its just not going to happen.

Everyone has a bad day, no one like someone ringing up and saying all their stuff is rubbish, Try the light guards on another truck, make sure its not your truck, then can they definatly can go back for Barry to have a look at. Try to stay objective, if the guard is a little loose, try a strip of tape along each tab, it'll be no problem, I've not seen anyone else posting theirs are rubbish, and a few people on here have fitted them. If its going to fall off then its no good.

well said there chap barry is one of the most honest guys out there so lets not knock him to much.the thing is he must get loads of people buying stuff from him and then returning it so it would cost barry a fortune if he paid the postage on it all.if there is a fault or it is broken then i am sure the postage would be refunded but he shouldent have to pay to get the stuff back just because some one doesent like the look of it or have gone off the idea of fitting it to there truck so if there is a genuine problem with the things you bought pay the cost of getting them there and i am sure barry will refund it if they are faulty
                Last edited by kiowa; 19 July 2006, 22:01.
                I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
                  well said there chap barry is one of the most honest guys out there so lets not knock him to much.the thing is he must get loads of people buying stuff from him and then returning it so it would cost barry a fortune if he paid the postage on it all.if there is a fault or it is broken then i am sure the postage would be refunded but he shouldent have to pay to get the stuff back just because some one doesent like the look of it or have gone off the idea of fitting it to there truck
                  its not a case of not wanting or gone off the idea of fitting it to my truck ,
                  im still looking for QUALITY fittings for my truck !!!! im trying to improve the look of it not put inferior quality parts on it.
                  the front headlamp guards were different shaped where they clip on , do you think i didnt check
                  the clear side indicators were chipped in exactly the same place , i didnt try to put them on or even take off my old ones , so i dont think i can be blamed for that either ,
                  the clear indicators butted right on to my rear wing so if i had managed to force the light guards on it would have been rubbing on the paintwork
                  yeah that would really be improving it
                  the clear indicators were a really poor finish which i could have got off ebay for half the price ,im after improving not just making do or bodging to make them fit
                  i spent over £ 270 i expect quality goods
                  was buying a steering wheel and other bits that would have bought the total to over £500
                  do you think i have got nothing better to do than waste my own time and send off for items that i dont want, then send them back ???????
                  HE SHOULD PAY THE POSTAGE IF THE ITEMS ARE FAULTY

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                    Calm down!!! I think that was what Kiowa was saying... Faulty goods would probably have the postage refunded. Unwanted goods wouldn't.
                    It just does, OK?

Comment

I have been happy with Rough Traxs until I got underneath my vehicle the other day & noticed the rubber bushes on the new front anti roll bar drop link assemblies that I fitted only 2 months ago have already started to split. I will phone Barry though as maybe I was the unlucky one.

Comment

i think you need my end of the stick as you seem to have picked up the wrong end.what i was saying was barry isent going to pay for people returning unwanted stuff.i wasent saying you dident want the items it's just that as far as barry knows you bought the items and may have changed your mind on fitting them and trying to get out paying for the return postage as i am sure many other people have tryed.so return them to him when he sees they are faulty or broken he mite refund your money
                        Last edited by kiowa; 19 July 2006, 23:35.
                        I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                          its not a case of not wanting or gone off the idea of fitting it to my truck ,
                          im still looking for QUALITY fittings for my truck !!!! im trying to improve the look of it not put inferior quality parts on it.
                          the front headlamp guards were different shaped where they clip on , do you think i didnt check
                          the clear side indicators were chipped in exactly the same place , i didnt try to put them on or even take off my old ones , so i dont think i can be blamed for that either ,
                          the clear indicators butted right on to my rear wing so if i had managed to force the light guards on it would have been rubbing on the paintwork
                          yeah that would really be improving it
                          the clear indicators were a really poor finish which i could have got off ebay for half the price ,im after improving not just making do or bodging to make them fit
                          i spent over £ 270 i expect quality goods
                          was buying a steering wheel and other bits that would have bought the total to over £500
                          do you think i have got nothing better to do than waste my own time and send off for items that i dont want, then send them back ???????

I'm with you m8. Its "clear" from what you say that these are shoddy items, made in China for next to nothing! No one can ever match the quality of OE equipment vehicle lighting, I know, its my job. I work for the Germans and we supply all the manufacturers of vehicle lighting components around the world. The investment these companies make in machinery and equipment is awesome and ensures that when you buy a new car it looks like it was made properly. These cheap aftermarket components vary from being quite good to truly shocking. In the current "cheapest is best" climate for consumers, quality has to suffer. It may be that the parts you bought are from a new supplier to roughtrax that has failed to match the quality of the old one but are probably a bit cheaper so allowing margin to be recovered on the sale which is no bad thing in itself. Afterall, we all expect to get paid for our work.

Truth is peeps you WILL NEVER get aftermarket vehicle lighting to compare with the quality of OE stuff. Before you suggest that I am wrong, you ought to consider that even if the fit and function of these lights is acceptable, how will they look in just a few years time?

Why do manufacturers of cars pay around 30 Euros for a light cluster including the bulbs when they are buying millions of them? Easy, because they have to fit properly and not melt/turn a strange colour/crack/fade.

Believe me, I do this for a living..........our parts are on VW,BMW,AUDI,Renault,Peugeuot,F ord,Landrover,Jaguar,and on and on......

Thats the way it is.
                          I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                            Thats the way it is.

Bruce Hornsby..............oh, sorry, wrong thread!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                              Truth is peeps you WILL NEVER get aftermarket vehicle lighting to compare with the quality of OE stuff. Before you suggest that I am wrong, you ought to consider that even if the fit and function of these lights is acceptable, how will they look in just a few years time?

Why do manufacturers of cars pay around 30 Euros for a light cluster including the bulbs when they are buying millions of them? Easy, because they have to fit properly and not melt/turn a strange colour/crack/fade.

Thats the way it is.
                              I agree, it's what I said in my post, but I still think the Roughtrax supplied lights are as good as you'll get for aftermarket lights.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Fair point there Tony , I was just a bit miffed as I fitted them last september and up untill 2 weeks ago they were fine , I only put 250 kg in the back of the truck as a one off load,but they have now sagged, I had to wind my tortion bars back down to compensate. I know they were not uprated springs like the Milners ones but 250kg is only equivilant to a couple of fat blokes sat in the back
                                All the other stuff I have bought from Roughtrax has been fine, the bonnet guards and wind deflectors were excellent quality, even the wheel arch extentions I bought for the old narrow body surf fitted superbly.

Andy.

Comment

Working...
                                X