New tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tyres

Just ordered some of these, amongst other things because they look pretty cool and were a good price for new tyres! Anyone else got some?
    Attached Files
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

They are a Serious Tyre !

Mate fitted them on his double cab absolutely no complaints at all
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Ive got some 'cheapo' 50/50's from milners they seem pretty good , not that ive had much time with them cos shes in the garage having her head done
      Cheers
      Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Comment

Got them on the 4Runner, work just fine and we have 2 years of motoring on them now with lots of tread left.

They are no BFG M/T's, but bundles cheaper so value for money is great.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Just ordered some of these, amongst other things because they look pretty cool and were a good price for new tyres! Anyone else got some?
          where from and HOW MUCH
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Pops,

http://www.camskill.co.uk

Mine are 265/75-16 and are £77 each inc vat and delivery. Struck me as a bit of a bargain considering similar looking remoulds are around £60 + postage.

Comment

They look like Hippo's feet

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

had them on mine for 6 months and i think they are fantastic - a real bargain, keep wishing they would show some signs of wear though to justify a bigger set !
                Bunkle
                Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  Pops,

http://www.camskill.co.uk

Mine are 265/75-16 and are £77 each inc vat and delivery. Struck me as a bit of a bargain considering similar looking remoulds are around £60 + postage.

They look exactly like mine, only mine say Colway C-TRAX on the side and they were only £42 each!

Comment

Yep, I got some of those too, sweet-as:

Really pleased with them on and off the road and would deffo get another set if I ever needed to.
                    http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/mud_tyres.htm
                    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

codlord,

where did you get the rims from and how much - been looking to get them for my surf,

Any way Kumho tyres are the nuts, just fitted to day for new kumho's on my M3 conv, 712 tyres, I had pilot sports on before and these kumhos fel better,

£100 a tyre for the rears 255/35/18zr
                      £60 a tyre for the fronts 225/40/18zr

what a bargin,

http://www.kumhotire.com/int/Tires/PassDetail.jsp
                      Drink Till she's cute, but stop before the wedding

Comment

Originally posted by Magic-choppa
                        codlord,
                        where did you get the rims from and how much - been looking to get them for my surf,
                        They came with the surf when I bought it - I am pretty sure they came with the surf when it was imported. Not seen anything like them available in the UK.
                        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Grrrr! Muppets!

My new tyres *should* have arrived yesterday but there was no-one in to receive them so Interlink put a card through the door. I rank them (Worcester branch) to ask about picking them up, and the chap said "the three tyres?"

I said I wasn't driving a bl00dy big Reliant Robin, what happened to the other?

"thats all we got mate"

Ringing the shop, I got the answer that 4 had been sent, and the responsibility is with Interlink. Back on to Interlink...

"It's probably been misdirected mate, it'll be here tomorrow."

Soooo, I rang when I got home from work today.

"Thats the three tyres is it mate?"

Back onto the shop.

"Definitely sent four mate! Try Interlink..."

Got the tracking number off him. Interlink have four tyres. Ring interlink again...

"The three 4x4 tyres mate?" Oh for ****'s sake! Get number for Interlink Carlisle.

"Yep, four tyres sent to Worcester yesterday mate" But only three there I reply. "One must be lost mate"

By now I'm getting very p*ssed off, so he checks out the route tracking and discovers the four tyres left Carlisle, four arrived at Birmingham, then only three arrive at Worcester (next stop).

So, where's it gone then? "Must be lost mate" he says. "I'll get onto Birmingham and see if they can find it"

About 4 o'clock he rings back. "It's gone mate. They cant find it. We'll mark it as lost. It might turn up"

SO I ring the shop again, tell em Interlink have lost the tyre. Shop chap says he'll do some chasing up and get back to me. (Yeah right, I'm thinking)

6pm, he rings back, tells me Interlink have lost it. He'll get another one in tomorrow and get it out to me on Monday. What a nice man!

So, a partial 'big up' to Camskill Performance to be verified on Tuesday. If the tyres arrive, I'll sing their praises unconditionally, but beware of using Interlink. Anyone who can lose *one* of four tyres all marked the same and in the same shipment cant be the sharpest tool in the box!

Comment

stuff goes missing all the time!!

it's a big operation you know...

they'll go to a local depot... then get sent back to brum and routed correctly.

depending on the local depot... they might just sit it in a corner for a week!!
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

All well and good, but if 'stuff goes missing all the time' maybe they should try to get their act together.

I suppose it's all part of being British, accepting cr@p service.

Comment

Working...
                              X