Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubs

A wheel stud has broken off on two of my hubs, so its new hubs then, how do you change a hub, (step 1 ..wheel off then what) and anybody any idea how much a hub costs for my 94 3L 2nd gen Surf.
    In addition please clarify the difference in operation of an auto and manual hub.. thanks guys
    Last edited by Vultch; 18 July 2006, 17:14.

Back in the day Baby

Studs are only £1.50 from http://www.milneroffroad.com/KZN130.htm

Comment

Cheers mate.... I appreciate the help .. I take it then the studs screw into the wheel hub...and it should be fairly straight forward to remove them..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
        Cheers mate.... I appreciate the help .. I take it then the studs screw into the wheel hub...and it should be fairly straight forward to remove them..

The studs will be a very tight push fit you will need a big hammer or even better some sort of press to remove them.
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Many thanks to all...Think I'v got it now

Back in the day Baby

Comment

If I remember you need to release the brake disc (if front one) so you can feed the new stud in from behind . It should have fine splines to fit into the hub . Once line up draw the stud in with a wheel nut with washers on first to get it in . Then fit the wheel and torque the wheel nut up to setting to get it home . Then take for a drive and once home retorque the wheel nut .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thanks again... it starts to make sense

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Front hub stud replacement requires seperating the disc from the hub (6 bolts). Remove the disc caliper. Remove the hub and disc assembley. Mark disc and hub so you replace in same position. Remove the 6 bolts. Seperate the disc and hub. Replace studs and reassemble in reverse order. Clean and repack bearings while it's all apart.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                X