Pay Pal email scam??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay Pal email scam??

Had a look in my BT Yahoo "bulk" folder this afternoon and before emptying it spotted an email supposedly from PayPal with important account information.
    First reaction was Yeah Right- SCAM/PHISHING but as Im not at home and using a work computer 4000 miles away I thought Id open it anyway out of curiousity. It was telling me that there had been an attempt to use my pay pal account today ( it gave an IP address where the attempt had come from and as a result my account had been frozen and then there was all this blah about reactivating by visiting paypal.com ( giving a link of course) and inputting this long chain of numbers. The message looked the biz, very very very convincing.
    Anyway I closed the message , emptied the folder and then through the browser went to pay pal. Everything appears to be in order.and even if its not and the account is deactivated I dont care. Ive only used it twice and that was to pay one Nigel White. I,ll worry about how to do that again in a years time.

Everything about this message says SCAM to me despite the fact its very convincing. Im curious about what would have happened if Id followed their link to their fake paypal place but Im assuming it would have looked like the real one and they would have phished my password and log in as a minimum and possibly my maestro card number if Id been daft enough to put it in.

Im guessing this is common and everybody else has seen it. First time for me with paypal although Ive had loads from every bank who I dont have an account with.

These people just keep at it dont they? With their undoubted talents you would think a proper job might be reasonably lucrative for them and less risky.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

i had one of them too a while back.people will try anything but i wonder what they would say if it happened to them
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
      Had a look in my BT Yahoo "bulk" folder this afternoon and before emptying it spotted an email supposedly from PayPal with important account information.
      First reaction was Yeah Right- SCAM/PHISHING but as Im not at home and using a work computer 4000 miles away I thought Id open it anyway out of curiousity. It was telling me that there had been an attempt to use my pay pal account today ( it gave an IP address where the attempt had come from and as a result my account had been frozen and then there was all this blah about reactivating by visiting paypal.com ( giving a link of course) and inputting this long chain of numbers. The message looked the biz, very very very convincing.
      Anyway I closed the message , emptied the folder and then through the browser went to pay pal. Everything appears to be in order.and even if its not and the account is deactivated I dont care. Ive only used it twice and that was to pay one Nigel White. I,ll worry about how to do that again in a years time.

Everything about this message says SCAM to me despite the fact its very convincing. Im curious about what would have happened if Id followed their link to their fake paypal place but Im assuming it would have looked like the real one and they would have phished my password and log in as a minimum and possibly my maestro card number if Id been daft enough to put it in.

Im guessing this is common and everybody else has seen it. First time for me with paypal although Ive had loads from every bank who I dont have an account with.

These people just keep at it dont they? With their undoubted talents you would think a proper job might be reasonably lucrative for them and less risky.

Bogus

Melons company has sent out a warning to all their employees about the same scam.... they get more clever every time
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
      X