No announcement yet.

HGV Drivers - Help and advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG. How did I miss this post! So sorry to hear about Lindsays accident. I am glad he is on the mend.
    Was it Kings Cross Station WH Smith or another one?

My daughters best mate suffered a back injury eight years ago, with one of those wheeled cages, when they were both doing agency work at a parcel depot. Everybody except my daughter went blind/didn't see anything so she is still fighting for compensation. I sincerely hope you have more luck.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Glad he is back and recovering well. I have to deal with those cages everyday in my job (deliver food for M&S). If one starts to go, I let it go. I'd rather pick up 1/4 ton of bananas that have them land on top of me.

How is the compensation going?

Comment

Briefly I will answer!! (for the first time in my life.....)

Yes it was WH Smith King's Cross and it was 2 cubic metres of bottled water! I think bananas would have caused less damage. Possibly. Unless they were in boxes in which case perhaps not.
        Apparently the Ambulance crew took pictures of the accident scene which we shall attempt to get hold of but it appears that they need to go to check the eyesight of the WH Smith staff on the loading bay first as surprise surprise blindness has also struck them! The delightful ($$&*) chap at W*nc*nt*n has cheerfully told us a completely different set of events to what actually happened (He also had Lindsay interviewed 2 days later by his H & S Guys whilst he was under the influence of morphine). I have contacted the HSE to see if the accident has been reported to them - so far no response from them but I have spoken to a mate at Tubelines who has confirmed the CCTV is virtually non-existent at the site which is worrying to say the least.
        Our solicitor is coming out for 1st consult on Thursday so fingers crossed!

Thanks for all the good wishes peeps much appreciated.
        Louise

Comment

There should be loads of CCTV with the refurb going on. They are paranoid about losing £££££££££££££ worth of building materials and plant.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpledoris
            Briefly I will answer!! (for the first time in my life.....)

Yes it was WH Smith King's Cross and it was 2 cubic metres of bottled water! I think bananas would have caused less damage. Possibly. Unless they were in boxes in which case perhaps not.
            Apparently the Ambulance crew took pictures of the accident scene which we shall attempt to get hold of but it appears that they need to go to check the eyesight of the WH Smith staff on the loading bay first as surprise surprise blindness has also struck them! The delightful ($$&*) chap at W*nc*nt*n has cheerfully told us a completely different set of events to what actually happened (He also had Lindsay interviewed 2 days later by his H & S Guys whilst he was under the influence of morphine). I have contacted the HSE to see if the accident has been reported to them - so far no response from them but I have spoken to a mate at Tubelines who has confirmed the CCTV is virtually non-existent at the site which is worrying to say the least.
            Our solicitor is coming out for 1st consult on Thursday so fingers crossed!

Thanks for all the good wishes peeps much appreciated.
            Louise
            Hi Louise sorry to hear of yer Fella's Predicament, Wish him well & a Speedy recovery, Chin up Girl .......
            Good Luck & Best wishes to ya both

There's Always a payback.... Go get em Girl !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

I drive for Wincantons oop north in Middlewich, cheshire. It a little different as everything is on pallets, though these pallets wiegh over 1 ton each.

All the Wincanton sites that I've been to are very big on safety, if you take one step over the pedestrian route lines, you'll get thrown out!!! So as far as they are concerned, I think you really will struggle. But as the incedent happened on WH Smith's site, I think you would do better to go at them. I've seen the state of their newsfast vans, I don't think they have ever heard of health and safety!!!!!

Good luck with any proceedings, and I hope he recovers soon (ask the docs for a titainium hip, my mates got one, he says its better than his original one!!)

Keep in touch on here, cause if theres anything you need, I'm sure we can help in some way.

Sending you a big hug!
              Cheers,
              Sean

Comment

Working...
              X