Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marky
    what pressure do you recomend running on in snow & ice
    Depends on personal preferance. I prefer to keep mine har as you get more point pressure which helps cut into snow and Ice. Some people have been known to deflate them to get more tyre surface on the road. I think it depends on driving style as well.

Wityh a truck the size of the surf you need to keep the car moving, don't brake hard (or at all if you can) and use the accelerator for speeding up and slowing down. Also personally I like to keep the wheels spinning as it's less of a shock if you start a skid and in actual fact you are less likely to start a skid in the first place.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Depends on personal preferance. I prefer to keep mine har as you get more point pressure which helps cut into snow and Ice. Some people have been known to deflate them to get more tyre surface on the road. I think it depends on driving style as well.

Wityh a truck the size of the surf you need to keep the car moving, don't brake hard (or at all if you can) and use the accelerator for speeding up and slowing down. Also personally I like to keep the wheels spinning as it's less of a shock if you start a skid and in actual fact you are less likely to start a skid in the first place.

Cheers
      hard tyres with a narrow profile are best for snow with a snow tread pattern and compound, the 265's are not the best for snow, wide tyres are not suitable due to the big footprint which rides up on the snow rather than grips into it.
      Last edited by stara; 7 September 2003, 19:12.
      [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Working...
      X