tyre pressures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre pressures

yet another question - getting boring now aint I?

just out of interest what are the pressures for the bf goodrich? I can't find the details anywhere on the thing - and to help stupid questions and pestering people in future - where can I get an english manual for my Surf.

i feel such a at times!!!
    Dave

Originally posted by Draig

just out of interest what are the pressures for the bf goodrich? I can't find the details anywhere on the thing - and to help stupid questions and pestering people in future - where can I get an english manual for my Surf.

33psi
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

What size tyres do you have?
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

31 x 10.5 R15 LT

oh yea - they rounder more at top than the bottom
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
          What size tyres do you have?
          size doesnt matter (or so they say) psi means per square inch
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

You can get an English owners manual for it here.

http://www.car-handbooks.com/More/Su...ypath=00250370

Cost about £22 inc Postage.
            mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
              33psi
              Yep run mine at 33 all round any softer and they squeal like a pig.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

most people run around 32psi all round
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Normally run mine at 33, but let em out to 25-28ish when I need the grip off the beaten track. Mind you bear in mind you need to have a mini compressor with you to reinflate otherwise you roll all over the shop on the road.
                  Josh

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                    size doesnt matter (or so they say) psi means per square inch
                    Yeah! I know, its what you do with them!
                    Derek :
                    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

33 sound right from what National Tyres told me,adjusted mine to suit.
                      Was running 64 on my work's Landy as the little sticker on the wheel arch suggested but the tyres only lasted 23k,got a new set of tyres and pressures have been adjusted to 40,well it is running nearly 3.4 tonnes!

Comment

Originally posted by Draig

Do you want a manual telling you what all the knobs,bell and whistles do or a service manual?
                        NO WORRIES!
                        Rusty

Comment

There should be a little plate or sticker either on the edge of the drivers door or in the door frame somewhere. It will detail pressures for normal running and when fully laden/towing.

I also use 33 all round but put it up to 38 when I tow. If you don't put it back down the ride tends to get lumpy (you feel every lump!!!)

Phil.

I bought a hilux owners manual from the main dealer for £12. It is for the double cab but most things are the same...
                          Last edited by Phil H; 6 September 2003, 13:08.

Comment

what pressure do you recomend running on in snow & ice
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                              what pressure do you recomend running on in snow & ice
                              I would recomend ski's for that

Comment

Working...
                              X